What wealthy countries are applying to join the EU

Sponsored Links
UK has low wage, low skill, poor services because:

1) 40+ years of neo liberalism
2)12 years of Tory austerity
3) decades of privatisation
4) destruction of unions
But mainly this:

NI to UK. The haulier had problems initially as the people he collected from didn't have the paper work ready but they got used to doing it.
According to Sir Archie Norman CEO of M&S, 700 pages of documentation are required for one lorry load of goods from mainland Britain to their stores in N.I.
The only reason M&S and other businesses haven't closed down operations in N.I. is because the government hasn't implemented 90% of the protocol.

Sponsored Links
According to Sir Archie Norman CEO of M&S, 700 pages of documentation are required for one lorry load of goods from mainland Britain to their stores in N.I.
please show me where you think he makes this claim.

I guess that's why there hasn't been a (German/EU) war for the last seven decades then.

You do say some stupid things and leave yourself open to ridicule.
The common market started as a free trade area, which was a good idea at the time, however it has mutated into something very different.
The Russians, right or wrong have shown up the EU for what it really is.

archie-norman
He certainly seems very dissatisfied with the protocol Boris Johnson agreed.

I remember Johnson saying there would be no documentation required.

I suppose there used to be some people who believed what Johnson told them.

not any more.

same source

"Who, the unsuspecting viewer wonders, could be responsible for such a heinous measure? Which authority, either wicked or stupid, imposed on Boris Johnson and his government a protocol that is making business impossible, thwarting self-rule in Northern Ireland and jeopardising peace?

The answer, of course, is Boris Johnson and his government. As he and his ministers know, none of this was forced on them by “a foreign power”, as Rees-Mogg puts it. On the contrary, the protocol was devised, praised and then passed into law by Johnson, his ministers and his MPs. They want to blame the Europeans, pretending it’s beastly Brussels that is so heedless of Northern Ireland and its exceptionally delicate position – but this is entirely on them.

They’re hoping most of us will have forgotten how this situation arose; and it’s quite true that Britons do have an ignoble tendency towards forgetfulness when it comes to Ireland. But it’s not that long ago. Once the Conservative party was bent on a hard Brexit that took the UK out of both the customs union and single market, that meant there would have to be a border marking those bodies’ outer frontier.

Most could see that that border could not be on the island of Ireland, separating the Republic from the north, without reopening the wounds of the Troubles. That left only one option: Northern Ireland would retain some of the old European arrangements, and the border would run down the Irish Sea. But that would distinguish Northern Ireland from the rest of the UK, striking directly at unionism’s defining creed: that Northern Ireland and Britain are one.

No British prime minister would do such a thing, said Theresa May. “Under no circumstances,” agreed Johnson in July 2019. But a few months later, he broke that promise. He did it so he could get a deal with the EU, claim it was “oven ready” and win a general election on that basis. Which he duly did.

Even at the time, the government’s own official documents showed how this new bargain would entail the very border checks that Johnson now describes as unacceptable. One senior mandarin had patiently spelled it all out to the prime minister, in detail. But he couldn’t have cared less, that official tells me. All that mattered was being able to say a deal had been done. Johnson thought he would deal with the consequences later. After all, it was only Northern Ireland. And so here we are."

But mainly this:
Tony Blair achieved:

D9HBSGtWsAAWf3l.jpg

With Germany having to burn coal to produce power, how does that fit with the EU clean air policy?

Edit: Forget that, just remembered that Germany IS the EU and can do as it ****ing likes.

All this low carbon bull is literally a smokescreen. While we're obsessing about paying silly money for tree-hugger cars and scrapping our boilers, other EU countries are mining their coal and burning it in coal powered stations with impunity. These countries (eg. Poland, Czech Republic) go on burning coal and wood for power and domestic heat while we martyr ourselves.

Sponsored Links
Back