What's a troll?

Sponsored Links
Just think if it wasn't for trolls/attention seekers most threads would be done and dusted on page one, boring eh? LOL :D

Sponsored Links
They live under bridges and take a fancy to the odd goat.

I went for a walk yesterday with my good lady and walked (mistakenly now) under a bridge and in to some woods where I started to get a bit frisky and behaved very strangly after so many years.

Q. Does that mean I had been trolled, woopeee :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Trolls come in all shapes and sized, from the intelligent to the
thick-as-a-brick variety (we seem to have the latter). :LOL:

They all have a few things in common though. They are usually sad lonely people, often with mental health issues. They have been shunned by their families, friends, neighbours and if they work, their work colleagues.

The only way they can get the attention they crave is by trolling. Negative feedback is just food to them, they are getting the attention they so desperately need and they don't care whether it is positive or negative, they just need that reply.

The only way to get rid of them is if everyone totally ignores them, but it has to be everyone. If just one person replies (takes the bait) they are happy.

By feeding the troll, you are not doing them any good, they need to seek psychiatric help but will not do this while people are feeding them. So please, stop feeding them and get that nice warm fuzzy feeling knowing that you are actually helping someone with mental health problems.

:LOL:

Trolls come in all shapes and sizes
don't think anyone can argue with that !!

so is this a recognised condition, or just a commonly accepted description for a certain type of person on internet forums?

And on here, some of the people accused of being trolls do post interesting/reasoned arguments too don't they? Plus don't we all have our moments? i know i have... usually drunken ones, and i know i'm on a few peoples' ignores.. but i'm not a troll. I probably don't take this (GD) forum as seriously as some others (although i used to) but generally speaking i try to act in a respectful manner whilst on here.

If I walked around a certain supermarket or diy store would I be able to spot one?

Do you think we could troll for one?

Didn't quite uderstand the troll tank until I went to the suppermarket today and TGL said ' You got the trolls and I'll see you in fide'. Hats the first time she fas said that.
Now I know whit I'm looking at and I can spit a troll. I am so happy,happy,happy :LOL:

I should have added...

These troublesome types don't go out to the pub, don't meet members of the opposite sex or enjoy life. They spend their time hunched over their computers trolling

Sad ain't it? :cool:

Well I hope we never get any around this place. They sound like frightful characters.

Sponsored Links
Back