TROLLING

Don't you remember how income tax was invented as a temporary measure to pay for some war? As the state becomes bigger and does more things for more people it inevitably costs more. No doubt some of that is wasted, but which part?

You see, we fundamentally disagree about the acountability. I do not regard Westminster as very accountable. The EU is much more sensitive to criticsm. It naturally challenges westminster to think about what is really important because it confronts westminster with other politicians with different views. I absolutely do not want Westminster politicians to have an easy life.

Sponsored Links
I'm going to bed, but before you go any further Damocles, one of my points-------------I was not born to pay tax----i was not born to serve anybody---i was not born to be a slave-----i was born free.

My grandparents fought and died for this, to ensure this happened.

Democracy is about every body having a say, a voice, a choice.

These are the benefits of being born in Britain.

I would fight tooth and nail to stop that being taken away from me.

You talk and applaur Ireland when they fought for thir freedom 80 years ago, but you relish the fact of Britain or Britains becoming slaves of some other power.

You contradict yourself all down the line then twist and waffle to get out of it.

I dont ask you to believe what i believe, just to understand that what you say to us is as repulsive as being next door neighbours to Jonathan King

Never was very keen on Johnathan King. He seemed to have a merry grin on his face coming out of jail the other day.

Fair enough about the taxes but you weren't born to have a free NHS to treat you if you are sick, free schools to go to, a free army to keep those nasty foreigners away, roads built for you to drive on, lights at night so you do not get mugged, coppers to arrest (some of) them if they try.

I do not see how you have read anything I have posted as saying I would relish Britains becoming slaves. We are not, and are not likely to be. This is a very nice and comfortable and safe place to live. I wish it to remain that way. We just have different ideas how best to do this.

I do not exactly applaud Ireland. I understand why people fight for freedom. So do you. But when it comes down to it, we invaded Ireland not Ireland invaded us.

I do not contradict myself, though it is true I sometimes appear to. I like to make people think.

Fair enough about the taxes but you weren't born to have a free NHS to treat you if you are sick, free schools to go to, a free army to keep those nasty foreigners away, roads built for you to drive on, lights at night so you do not get mugged, coppers to arrest (some of) them if they try.
Whats with all the "Free" then Damocles?

Free NHS= stamp plus a percentage of earnings.
Free schools =council and general taxation.
Free Army= general taxation.
Free Roads= VED plus a tiny proportion of the fuel tax, the rest to general.
Free lights at night= council and general tax.
Free police= council and general tax, violent crime at record levels. I must admit though that I did see some coppers last week, whilst the bill was on the telly.

Now we all know these things cost but you are trying to make it look as if we are getting something for nothing, when we are actually grossly overtaxed, to pay for an overstaffed, over pensioned, pamperered and wasteful public sector.

I do not contradict myself, though it is true I sometimes appear to. I like to make people think.

You may think so but some of us have a different opinion on this one. We all contradict ourselves sometimes and you are no exception.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps you should read posts more carefully. I Quite often see posts where someone has plainly missed somethiing said previously which explains what someone else has posted.

A case in point, what I just said about benefits. Freeddie had just posted that he was not born to pay tax. So I replied by saying he was not born to get all the free benefits provided by the state. The point is exactly that you can not have the benefits without the taxes. My point which you have kindly explained at length.

Damocles said:
Perhaps you should read posts more carefully. I Quite often see posts where someone has plainly missed somethiing said previously which explains what someone else has posted.

A case in point, what I just said about benefits. Freeddie had just posted that he was not born to pay tax. So I replied by saying he was not born to get all the free benefits provided by the state. The point is exactly that you can not have the benefits without the taxes. My point which you have kindly explained at length.

Damocles the tax i dont mind paying is for the running of whatever country i am in, i object to paying more tax to prop up banana republics who have decided to join an organisation for what they can get-------i am not a tax machine for a bunch of idiots at the EU

I think we are not going to agree on this. The early joiners did not expect to get any money out of it. The late ones may or may not. But all of them were after political influence not money.

Why do you say we were after political influence? we were told it was a trading group there was no mention of anything else.

Hey fred if they don't get any money from us our government will give them free work visas to come over here and take our jobs. Recently heard of a polish lad willing to work for half the rate in the job i am in. Might be a lot of money for him but i cannot live on that!!!!!!!! :eek: :(

So would it help if your housing costs were halved? get onto the government and tell them to build enough houses. People spend more money on this than anything else and for no reason except there is a shortage pushing up prices. 21st century and we can not even build enough houses for everyone.

Damocles Well done mate ;) . We don't need to build anymore, we need to stop people coming here on a free meal ticket. Why dig our country up to house the immigrants!!!!!

Damocles said:
So would it help if your housing costs were halved? get onto the government and tell them to build enough houses. People spend more money on this than anything else and for no reason except there is a shortage pushing up prices. 21st century and we can not even build enough houses for everyone.

Damocles there is no housing shortage, make a law tomorrow that only own one house and there would be thousands for sale and no shortage, they wont do it for a number of reasons, but a fact is what goes up comes down and what goes around comes around

There is a shortage of housing. I don't know how many people really have a holiday home all to themselves but I doubt it would release enough property if you brought in such a law.

If someone built a million houses next year ther would be people wanting to move into all of them. Have you not noticed that the number of people living with their parents is going up every year?

Sponsored Links
Back