TROLLING

The fact that alot of council housing is now set aside for immigrants is the problem. There are those who cannot afford to buy and cannot get on the council list because they do not meet the criteria i.e NOT FROM HERE and HAVING THEIR APPLICATION PROCESSED. I am not a rascist but yes they even get their driving lessons paid for and help to buy a car. STOP all of this and wow, thousands of properties available for people to move into ;)

Sponsored Links
Damocles there are facts and figures to back this up.

Some people buy for an investment some as a holiday home, but mainly the first reason, they are encouraged by low interst rates and an upward market but things look to be changing

Admittadly in the South East there is a problem

Fred having a second home is not the main problem. Maybe in Yorkshire or the more rural areas where there are alot of holiday homes but in the main cities it is the way that housing is given out willy nilly to immigrants that is causing the problems

jasy said:
Fred having a second home is not the main problem. Maybe in Yorkshire or the more rural areas where there are alot of holiday homes but in the main cities it is the way that housing is given out willy nilly to immigrants that is causing the problems

Well i have been reading today how it looks at last after all the false reporting before that the bottom has started to fall out of the market so lets just see what happens, see if it goes along the same lines as before.

Sponsored Links
Yes. Every now and then some organisation publishes figures about how many houses are needed. The government says it will build this many. Then the fact is that everyone who thinks a new house might be squeezed in next to them complains and the whole plan is scrapped again.

Our local authority had a plan 20 years ago to build 5,000 houses. Agreed with central planning and so on. Our share of the housing. What happened? Well the plan required that a new main road be built for all these people to drive on. For 20 years everyone has been arguing about whether this road should be built and where. Result is no houses built. Should have been two lots of 5,000 done by now and another lot planned but we are still at 5,000 planned.

That is why there is a shortage.

Well Fred Hopefully not but what one says one week another says different the next ;)

Damocles said:
Yes. Every now and then some organisation publishes figures about how many houses are needed. The government says it will build this many. Then the fact is that everyone who thinks a new house might be squeezed in next to them complains and the whole plan is scrapped again.

Our local authority had a plan 20 years ago to build 5,000 houses. Agreed with central planning and so on. Our share of the housing. What happened? Well the plan required that a new main road be built for all these people to drive on. For 20 years everyone has been arguing about whether this road should be built and where. Result is no houses built. Should have been two lots of 5,000 done by now and another lot planned but we are still at 5,000 planned.

Well maybe, but the fact that we have a massive influx of immigrants that the government MUST house is a massive problem. Stop this and free up tens of thousands of properties

jasy said:
Well Fred Hopefully not but what one says one week another says different the next ;)

Well because of what happened before thats how we came to be here,

Damocles said:

Forgive me if i have dreamt this, but i can see fatty 2 jags ( who i think looks illl lately ) on the telly a few years ago saying no more green field building only building on brown field sites---------is that correct or did i dream it--------can never believe a word they say can you????????

our read local authority is just in the final stages of public enquiry over its housing plan. The law has already changed and the plan will be out of date before it is finished, but what the hell. They havn't done anything with it for the last 20 years, so why start now.

I expect Mr jags has had a bit of stress at work. Brown field can never supply enough. It is mostly about knocking something down and replacing it anyway.

Damocles said:
our read local authority is just in the final stages of public enquiry over its housing plan. The law has already changed and the plan will be out of date before it is finished, but what the hell. They havn't done anything with it for the last 20 years, so why start now.

I expect Mr jags has had a bit of stress at work. Brown field can never supply enough. It is mostly about knocking something down and replacing it anyway.

Fatty Two Jags-------=========== FALIURE BIG TIME

Transport plan----====Faliure non starter

Regional Assemblies--------=======Faliure People rejected it bigtime

1Million Houses + £60,000 house-----====Soon to be big faliure

He asked builders to come forward with a £60,000 house, they could come forward with one but would you live in it, i bet you he wont.

How the hell is he still in a job?????

jasy said:
Well maybe, but the fact that we have a massive influx of immigrants that the government MUST house is a massive problem. Stop this and free up tens of thousands of properties
What ???? No more welsh running up the M4 :?: :?: :?:

Have you noticed though the old brownfield sites (except waterside mills or old warehouses etc) get the social type housing. The greenfield sites near me tend to 4 or 5 bed detached etc.

I think it a real eyesore where they are building 3 or even 4 storey houses near tradition 2 storey. They are sprouting up everywhere even in cheaper areas. Really smacks of greed to me. Councils used to be much keener on this, didn't 2 Jags relax the rules for the developers?

Talking about 2 Jags I am suprised you have seen him recently, I thought they were keeping him hidden till after the election in case he puts voters off.

david and julie said:
Have you noticed though the old brownfield sites (except waterside mills or old warehouses etc) get the social type housing. The greenfield sites near me tend to 4 or 5 bed detached etc.

I think it a real eyesore where they are building 3 or even 4 storey houses near tradition 2 storey. They are sprouting up everywhere even in cheaper areas. Really smacks of greed to me. Councils used to be much keener on this, didn't 2 Jags relax the rules for the developers?

Talking about 2 Jags I am suprised you have seen him recently, I thought they were keeping him hidden till after the election in case he puts voters off.

He sure is one ugly mother isnt he????????

I don't know nothin about the great council house debate, it's all by association round our way, but I do know we all have the ability to be at least part troll.

Bill Bailey says........

Sponsored Links
Back