TROLLING

Sponsored Links
There was mention of being born free but it doesn't matter what power governs you be it european or british you still have to comply with the society you live in and accept that not all things will be to your liking, that's the way it is, some things you gain on some you lose on but you have to look at the whole and the majority who don't seem to be that hard done by these days what with owning their own house and most families owning 2 cars etc etc etc. It just seems that one or two things get peoples backs up but you can't expect it all to be in your favour, if it was then others would lose out, let's go for the fairest system for all instead of being greedy all the time.

I wonder how many people actually own their own house and 2 cars though? It is strange that the minute someone signs for a house and mortgage they are considered property owners when in reality all they are is in debt for the next 25 or more years. Same with cars too, some people sign up on HP/lease/PLP or WHY and consider it their own. In reality nothing is your own until you make the last payment, hence the seemingly out of control personal debt.

I accept your own personal sincerity about aiming for the fairest system, unfortunately we all have a different opinion on what that is. Which is what politics should be about. Until the greedy and power hungry people running the show(all politicians) start thinking less about themselves and more about the people who elected them it will never change. Iraq is a perfect example, I don't know anybody who wanted that, including myself, there was no benefit whatsoever to the UK but we still went there despite the fact politicians knew how we all felt.

I agree with you, I did mention this before so sorry to repeat it but i wonder if there was more to it that blair felt obliged to go along with bush?
was he acting in the countries interest perhaps ie if he didn't go along with bush it may have hit britains trade links with the usa?
or did he really get duff information from intelligence sources that influenced his decision?
it may be many years before the facts are known.

Sponsored Links
david and julie said:
I wonder how many people actually own their own house and 2 cars though? It is strange that the minute someone signs for a house and mortgage they are considered property owners when in reality all they are is in debt for the next 25 or more years. Same with cars too, some people sign up on HP/lease/PLP or WHY and consider it their own. In reality nothing is your own until you make the last payment, hence the seemingly out of control personal debt.

I am afraid david+Julie you have missed the point, the system is set up so you become employees of the banks, you work for them for 25 years + but they dont give you a gold watch at the end of it.

Dont borrow money then go to a bank and ask them for a loan, even though you may have huge assets, they will only give you a minimum loan.

Take out a mortgage with them, they will continually throw money at you even though you obviously cant afford it.

Freddie wrote.
I am afraid david+Julie you have missed the point, the system is set up so you become employees of the banks, you work for them for 25 years + but they dont give you a gold watch at the end of it.
No I didn't Freddie, I am saying the same as you. Which is, don't measure how well off people are by houses or cars because until they make the last payment they don't belong to them. The live now pay later society we now have is causing some real problems and will get worse. These people, as you rightly say, are slaves to the banks, even more so when the debts are on plastic at outlandish interest rates.

Getting a loan is a way of buying something now rather than waiting 10 years to save up the money. With housing you might never ever save enough to buy a house cash down because the price has been going up faster than wages and much faster than interest on your savings.

Whether or not it costs you more in the long run to buy all this stuff on hp the fact is that everyone has got it. Which is the bottom line to whether you are wealthy. You are not living in a wicker hut which you share with two chickens.

I do understand that most people have no choice but to go into debt but not how it can be used as a measure of wealth. How does having 2 unpaid for cars, on the drive of a 95% mortgaged house make someone wealthy? In reality you are in debt and have cars and a house that belong to somebody else, you are only giving the impression of being wealthy which is not the same thing but how a lot of people like to appear these days. They used to call it fur coat and no knickers which is still true today.

Damocles said:
Getting a loan is a way of buying something now rather than waiting 10 years to save up the money. With housing you might never ever save enough to buy a house cash down because the price has been going up faster than wages and much faster than interest on your savings.

Whether or not it costs you more in the long run to buy all this stuff on hp the fact is that everyone has got it. Which is the bottom line to whether you are wealthy. You are not living in a wicker hut which you share with two chickens.

Thats not the point i am making Damocles.

You go to a bank to borrow money now without any other loans ongoing at the moment, and they will only give you the bare minimum even though you may be a millionaire on paper ( unless you enter an agreement ).

But if you have a huge mortgage and other loans going and are really in debt to them, they will throw money at you-----on the basis of you are in debt so get you more in debt so they have more of your wages off you for maybe the rest of your life-----------cant blame them great way to make money

Sponsored Links
Back