Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the best boiler you can have fitted ? best make and model

Sponsored Links

Depends. Look at Atmos, ACV Heatmaster, Viessmann, Ethos, Atag, Buderus (except 500 range), MAN (Eco-Hometec).

I like Atmos, Very well designed and made and simple.

The MAN Eco-Hometec is a piece of sh*te. I have a few customers who have had these units and they would laugh very loudly if they could see your post.

Most of the boiler manufacturers you have listed have almost no market penetration in the UK. Buderus and Viessmann are the largest in your list - and Buderus is going to disappear as a domestic brand soon.

Sponsored Links
The MAN Eco-Hometec is a piece of sh*te. I have a few customers who have had these units and they would laugh very loudly if they could see your post.

I bet it wasn't fitted properly. I have never had anyone speak badly on MAN kit.

Most of the boiler manufacturers you have listed have almost no market penetration in the UK. Buderus and Viessmann are the largest in your list - and Buderus is going to disappear as a domestic brand soon.

The Buderus name will, but not the boilers. RR don''t have great market penetration in the UK either, but no one doubts their quality.

Depends. Look at Atmos, ACV Heatmaster, Viessmann, Ethos, Atag, Buderus (except 500 range), MAN (Eco-Hometec).

I like Atmos, Very well designed and made and simple.

I would endorse that list, maybe with the exception of ACV and that is only because we have had no dealings with them.

The one boiler that is missing from it is the Broag range

Doctor Drivel";p="828157 said:

I like Atmos, Very well designed and made and simple

Why not the 500 range?

probably because he can't google it on the internet to find out about it :LOL:

The 500 range is specially built for the UK nuff said........

EcoHometec is specially built in Italy, home of the reliable boiler.

Lets see how easy it will be to get parts or someone to work on any of the boilers that the DR has recommended no matter how good the manufacturers gumf is stick to a main stream manufaturer a lot less hassle in future

confused 2";p="828536 said:

I like Atmos, Very well designed and made and simple

Why not the 500 range?

It is as reliable as the others, but it just doesn't have that quality look and feel as the 600 range.

Lets see how easy it will be to get parts or someone to work on any of the boilers that the DR has recommended no matter how good the manufacturers gumf is stick to a main stream manufaturer a lot less hassle in future

Well you could go a Baxi or Pott and have parts everywhere - because you need them as you replace every month or so. Look at Dan's posts on the Atrmos and how many parts he has changed on them.

Part are available for these boilers ad they are next day delivery in most cases.

Read Dans post on ATMOS and also looked at there web site which looked impressive then when you looked a little deeper they also said they had taken one of there boilers off the market due to technical problems .
Will parts be widely avialable in 10/15 years i doubt it also will these manufacturers still be about then

Read Dans post on ATMOS and also looked at there web site which looked impressive then when you looked a little deeper they also said they had taken one of there boilers off the market due to technical problems .
Will parts be widely avialable in 10/15 years i doubt it also will these manufacturers still be about then

How many makers would tell you they took a boiler off the market (temporarily)? That shows honesty.

Parts are readily available now and I see no reason why not in 10 years time. They are a quality product and people are now willing to spend a few hundtred quid extra for them.

The Atmos design of heat exchanger is superb indeed. Anyone who knows about boilers would instantly see that, and not carp on crystal ball gazing in a silly negative way.

The boilers also have integrated weather compensation and OpenTherm protocol standard, so an OpenTherm room sensor can also modulate the burner as well.

A class act!!!!!

Just how many of these Atmos things have you installed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back