Best boiler for around £500?

Yes, I agree, but the cops don't get involved in civil matters either.
It seems cops have been watching american tv and picked up the habit of spending their time eating doughnuts, driving around like a bunch of lunies, and not much else.

thats why the kangaroo gas station in ashland city never gets robbed cops get free coffee :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Writing out the cheque in the first place is proof of the intention to pay in the small claims court. They will award for you.

It is also fraud to then stop the cheque but not worth your while prosecuting for fraud. The cps would do it if the cheque was for a small fortune. I had one bounced for £20,000 and the same man bounded one on Fuji and some other big players, total was £100,000. the fraud squad agreed it was fraud but too small fry for them at £100,000. So we had to deal with it ourselves.

Never got the money. That was in the 1980's.

Band b's do condense and the traps do fill up. never heard so much rubbish in my life as to say they don't.

Baxis are really good, if you gave me a Halstead or Ferroli I would put it on ebay with no guarantee.

Hello Kevplumb. Thanks for recent advice.

I always get customers I don't know to pay as soon as the job is finished. Another think I learnt, was never to put my tools in the van before payment.

If the customer gets funny, the threat of the tools being used to undo my work usually works. Only had to carry out the threat once!

Sponsored Links
The post did make me laugh. The best boiler for around 500 notes.
"If you can give me a very good reason, I might even splash out and go for the £530 luxury version" :LOL:

...Fraud is a criminal offence. Stopping a cheque is not, otherwise why do banks allow it?
I thought banks have sufficiently proven they are absolutely not interested in what is right or wrong, as long as they don't get done for it.
They have been selling "income protection" to tens of thousands of people for many years, knowing full well that the client would never be able to claim on it. Only recently has that been officially declared to be illegal. In the mean time they have earned millions and millions of this scam.

They allowed countless people that technically did not qualify, to take out a mortgage by using loopholes and middlemen to avoid the legal restrictions.
There was a way to do this, using a middlemen to "asses" the client's finances by doing little more than asking if he thought he could afford it. If the answer was: "sure, no problem", all that was done was have fill out a form. No checks, no verification.

This practice accounts for a large part for the billions we have paid in tax-money bail-outs.

my best advice would be spend £50 of what you had saved for a boiler on an electric heater and keep saving till you have enough for a decent boiler.

If you are going to spend this amount on a boiler then my advice would be to go for something thats reasonably proven out and cheap to repair. The potterton performa HE is probably in this category. Not the greatest boiler in the world, but faults are usually cheap ntcs and diaphragms, and other parts are industry standard. Standard trade price at plumbs is under £500 for the 24kw.
I had a performa myself for 3 years from new, and never had the case off :D

Stopping a cheque is niether fraud, a criminal offence or anything else, if you called the police, you'd be lucky if they laughed at you.

I'd brush up a bit on my legal knowledge Eddie. You agree to do job. Client agrees to pay. You do job, but client does not pay; if it were nothing else, it is breach of contract.
Just because the police are only interested in easy catches that tick another box, doesn't make it legal to stop a cheque.
On various occasion builders and roofers have torn down their work with brute force because of this. The police were not interested either. Does that mean it is legal for me to come to your house and change the garage or conservatory into a pile of rubble?

Iwouldn't touch the Baxi with a bargepole but if you are in Bury go a few miles up the road to Burnley Plumbing Supplies and they will beat anybody on the Biasi price. Ive fit loads of these without problems. spend a bit extra & buy a magnaclean , well worth the extra.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back