whats this then

Thanks for your support Oilman :confused:

A tad cynical though, in my opinion. There have been no negative issues regarding mod behaviour recently, so I disagree with your mod/rule comment.

oilman said:
diynot is going downhill with it's expansionist tendencies

Adding 4 new categories to try to lighten the load on some already very busy forum sections is hardly taking over the world. I am trying to improve things! In response to my request for suggestions, one common suggestion I received (in the original post and by quite a few emails) was for a Trade forum, so here it is.

Sponsored Links
coincidentally, I have today been canvassed by "Which?" who appear to be starting up a members forum on local tradespeople.

So, as ever, make sure you leave your business card with satisfied customers, especially if they look like "Which?" members.

They say:
"Which? is launching a new local recommendations service called Which? Local. This enables members to make and access Which? member recommendations for local services, such as plumbers, restaurants or garages. This survey is to get your views on how you think this service would best operate, and to get your help in bringing this new service to your area."

oilman said:
This is a toy for the mods. There will be dozens of posts moved from the plumbing and electric forums to this one.

So it will be another "disconnect life from the job" exercise where newbie diyers don't get the chance to pick bits of information unless they deliberately seek it out. If they do that, they probably know a fair bit already and won't go looking.

Then there's the "you have broken rule and deserve the most severe punishment".

diynot is going downhill with it's expansionist tendencies. There are other places to lurk.

do we need another forum for those on another planet as well? :LOL:

A trade forum?

I've got some used trowels and outside work gear to trade for any electrical or plumbing stuff.

Just in case someone whats to try some proper work for a change :p

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Richardp said:
... whistle! ... a new smillie would have been nice.

disimulo.gif
perfect :LOL: :LOL:

Admin, I think I generally agree with you and your actions, but on this subject I don't.

On a couple of specific points:

DIYnot said:
There have been no negative issues regarding mod behaviour recently...
To be non-specific for a moment, in order to avoid any counter-productive reaction, I can think of several recent recent negative mod issues, but I suppose it depends on what you mean by the word "recent". :confused:

Adding 4 new categories to try to lighten the load on some already very busy forum sections is hardly taking over the world. I am trying to improve things!
I think your aim is laudible, and your intentions genuine, but I'm not sure that the combination of extra forums and the different search GUI has worked for the best.

Without knowing what you mean by "lighten the load", I don't know the validity of what I'm about to point out, but my own comments about different/new fora were made in the context of being able to limit a search to a particular forum.

If the search function works, which it now seems to, then the argument for having more than one forum looks rather weak - unless it would make the job of software indexing impossible, then why not have just one forum with everything lumped into it?

i think its a good idea, cos if you dare enter the general forum........you get freeekin psychos who even strain my ..

oilman is the cynics cynic.........

:LOL:

and softus. frek off. :D

DIYnot said:
There have been no negative issues regarding mod behaviour recently, so I disagree with your mod/rule comment.

I would beg to differ...

Posts edited (and not to remove profanity or inappropriate remarks)

Threads have been closed, despite there being continuing discussion relating to the original question.

There appears to be a vendetta from one of the mods towards certain members.

And if by not recent you mean not in the past 21hrs then ok, I'll let you off. :LOL:

well, heres a problem.its not your forum...or mine.....we are all guests.......... and if you dont freekin like it.......... well we all know the rules....of life.

thats life . get over it.

or open your own forum? i cant.

wilhelm said:
well, heres a problem.its not your forum...or mine.....we are all guests.......... and if you dont freekin like it.......... well we all know the rules....of life.

thats life . get over it.

or open your own forum? i cant.

We aren't guests, we are contributors...

If everyone b*ggers off then who would give incredibly factual, but not always helpful advice? :LOL:

Seriously though, the "vendetta" does get quite tedious, especially when posts are altered or deleted just because the mod doesn't like a person.

you dont have to contribute. that is your choice. if you dont like what happens with various posts. what can i say?..............

nowt........cos i aint fekkin bothered ....... :LOL:

wilhelm said:
i aint fekkin bothered .......
Clearly. You're obviously even less bothered than the people who haven't bothered to post. :rolleyes:

Softus said:
wilhelm said:
i aint fekkin bothered .......
Clearly. You're obviously even less bothered than the people who haven't bothered to post. :rolleyes:

well I stop posting ages ago

I am bovvered

do I look bovvered

etc etc

:)

Sponsored Links
Back