What's wrong with this picture?

Sponsored Links
No sleeving on CPC?

L+N conductors exposed?

Not connected to anything?

Penny not bonded?

Second hand cable used, or not actually re-wired in 1998 as first thought?

A chocolate medal to that man!!!

When I bought the place I was told it had had a "full" rewire in 1998, so I was a bit surprised to find imperial-sized T&E cable... When did they stop making it? :eek:

The funny thing is, they didn't even bury it - all the drops are just wallpaper-over-cable :LOL:

Hibbo - you'll be pleased to know that I have replaced the penny with a plastic alternative, so no bonding required. ;)

Sponsored Links
That cable looks like 3/029 to me, however it may be newer, as I think that back in the imperial days, they did not make imperial lighting circuit cables with earths in them, Imperial cable stopped being made around 1970. (Perhaps someone could correct me if I am wrong). :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

No sleeving on CPC?

L+N conductors exposed?

Not connected to anything?

Penny not bonded?

If you're being serious there, then get a grip.

If you're trying to be funny, then it's not.

Happy new year!

My comment was not about someone dying and forum posters being prosecuted; so no grip obtaining is required here.

I know, I know your comment was tongue in cheek wasn't it?

:cool:

Martin

Well, this stuff is about the same size as 1.5mm and each conductor has 3 strands... From looking around on the net it appears to be 3/0.036".

TBH, I can't get too annoyed about it as I'm ripping it all out anyway... not worth getting myself worked up over! :D I've found other areas where they've obviously asked for the cheapest possible job. Not to mention their DIY bodgery... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back