What's wrong with this picture?

Sponsored Links
3/ 029 Afaik was about 1mm
3/ 036 Afaik was about 1.5mm

1/.044 is the nearest equivalent to 1.00 sq. mm (very fractionally smaller).

3/.029 is about 1.3 sq. mm, and 3/.036 a little over 1.9 sq. mm.

All three of those sizes have a 1/.044 earth conductor.

Sponsored Links
That cable looks like 3/029 to me, however it may be newer, as I think that back in the imperial days, they did not make imperial lighting circuit cables with earths in them, Imperial cable stopped being made around 1970. (Perhaps someone could correct me if I am wrong). :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Imperial cables in the smaller sizes were available with earths. The 14th edition, 1966, introduced the requirement to run an earth to every lighting point, after which cables without earths went out of production, a few years before the change to metric sizes.

But before then the smaller sizes were available with or without earth, since prior to the 14th edition there was still a requirement to provide an earth on some lighting circuits (metal-faced switches, fluorescent fixtures, etc.).

it's a shame that cable isnt still available, it always seems to be of a good quality and the 2.5 variant (7/0.29) seems like it would be easier to install due to it's increased flexibility.

clicksure, i started doing them years ago when copper prices went crazy, couldnt justify jamming in an extra cable to make a RFC and i am not a fan of them either, more work to install, more work to test, DIYer or kitchen fitters from back in the day would open the up and leave them open. try and do 20A radials for most living sleeping room type circuits and 4.0 radials in kitchens.

If you're being serious there, then get a grip.

If you're trying to be funny, then it's not.
And your point is?

He wrote something that he supposed was fun and I answered in a mean-spirited, stick in the mud, no sense of humor, moronish way. End of.

And I am sorry for my momentary lapse of humor.

Martin.

It's happened before.

it's a shame that cable isnt still available, it always seems to be of a good quality and the 2.5 variant (7/0.29) seems like it would be easier to install due to it's increased flexibility.

I have to agree. Much better than the average T&E today.

If you're being serious there, then get a grip.

If you're trying to be funny, then it's not.
And your point is?

He wrote something that he supposed was fun and I answered in a mean-spirited, stick in the mud, no sense of humor, moronish way. End of.

And I am sorry for my momentary lapse of humor.

Martin.

It's happened before.

So Martin, the comments you are refering to (as of happening before), were they meant to be 'fun'?

Sometimes a serious point can be made in a fun way.

This is a good way to enable people to reflect on what they re doing in a non threatening way, however the truth can hurt and those with guilt on their mind may lash out.

Some others see it as being mealy mouthed and are more direct. I notice you are against criticism in either way. Unless it is you doing it, of course; and humor too, again unless you are providing your own brand of it, ya bully you.

I was referring to your nonsense comments generally.

The penny is not bonded - Ha ha ha...

"If you are being serious then get a grip, If it's a joke it's not funny"

What goes ha ha ha plop?

A man laughing his head off.

Oh no a joke about some one dying!

, so I was a bit surprised to find imperial-sized T&E cable...

How can you tell that :?:

Because the cable is <4.0mm² the live conductors are stranded ;)

Seen stranded 2.5mm twin + e before, was deffo 2.5 and not 7/0.029 because it was still on the drum which was clealy labeled as 2.5mm.... must have been a special order or something... only ever seen it once!

I don't suppose you're referring to the drum sitting in my garage, are you Adam?

So Martin; were you joking about a man dying?

Or were you seriously attempting to blame someone on this forum for the death you had perceived?

I'm not trying to be clever or trick you in to anything, I just really want to know what you meant by that particular post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back