What's wrong with this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody guess what's wrong with the board in this picture? ;)
13092007287.jpg

We found it in a pub cellar last week, all the other boards in the pub were fed from this one :confused:

Sponsored Links
There is an MK breaker in a merlin board?

Oh and its gone all melted too :LOL:

RF Lighting said:
There is an MK breaker in a merlin board?

Well spotted!

The landlord was woken by the beeping of his fire alarm panel, wondering why his clock radio wasn't working!

Sponsored Links
Board Overloaded :?:

Loose connection :?:

Edit: just seen the MK MCB, So what was the cause :?: was the connection between the MK MCB & the Busbar poor, & caused heat build up :?:

It went up at night? :eek:

Would this not be the time where the board has the least load on it?

Beats all those wylexs with 45A fuses we all love :LOL:

I wouldn't automatically blame the wrong brand breaker, especially as it's not at the center of the burnt out area.

I'm guessing either overloading or loose connections or possiblly a combination of both.

plugwash said:
I wouldn't automatically blame the wrong brand breaker, especially as it's not at the center of the burnt out area.

T'was a joke ;)

That style of MK breaker is absoloutly identicle to merlin, so very unlikely to cause a problem :)

It looks like something shorted out in the center at the top of the DB

missing grommet/bush centre back at the top, chafed insulation?

those RYB cores strung across the fron are very untidy, wonder if the same careless person caused the damage?

wrong forum, you need "Spelling & Grammar UK"

It looks like there is a 25mm Brass male Brass with a locking nut, in the center hole

I can see the bushes in the top, but that looks to me like a bare hole in the back.

Has the blue core been sparking to the yellow screw of the TP breaker top left?

Odd that the SP MCBs top right look melted, but don't appear to have any loads connected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back