Whats your holiday plans for this year....anything exciting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're going out in our narrowboat for 2 weeks in June hopefully cruising the Cheshire ring - peace and quiet, having a beer whilst cruising along and lovely country pubs for our evening meal............bliss! ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I also have 3 weeks off in September, and are going to go cruising again but at the moment we aren't sure where to go - although I would like to go somewhere near to the Cotswolds (as I have fond memories of reading cider with Rosie when I was at school!)

Sponsored Links
julie, we will be camping in tent (something I wanted to do but never got chance as a child) in scotland!!
Actually, I love it and so do the kids, really easy break from stress.

Hoping to get some time away just with hubby too, kids will stay with my mam.

I think we are off to Australia, combining the holiday with a wedding in Melbourne.

Me an me bride are going to Oz and New Zealand in November.

I'm gonna give her an 'Australian Kiss' when we get there

Sponsored Links
go on, tell me quick for I feel sure its something that will get deleted.

I love listening to peoples fantastic pompous holiday plans. We're off to a remote cottage in Wales, try and look as if you're impressed. I can tell you'not and I don't care!

oh gas... it does sound wonderful, because its YOUR holiday!!

Camping in a tent in north scotland...wow, that sounds exciting . not... too!

But its our holiday and I lurrrrve it!

cant afford to go anywhere glam, but I dont care!

I still like to hear the plans of those who are going to exotic places though... even though I may be envious of some!

I live in wales, stunning country you'll love it - I do.

have 1st cousins in Aus, I've never met them; this will be a once in lifetime trip for us and have saved hard for it.

nothing pomous really I'm just average earner doing what needs to be done before I die - Awe !

Oh, you can't possibly go abroad folks, a single transatlantic flight produces more carbon emissions per person than a 4x4 does for a year.

Narrowboating in Easter hols over the pennines, lots of locks to navigate. The 4 kids on board will be strongly encouraged to assist a bit more than they did last year :evil:
Camping weekend in Northumbria in May.
Spain visiting relatives in July when it will be very hot.
Camping on the Lizard peninsula in August but just me and the boys and some friends.....my wife won't go because the facilities are so basic (and she loves camping!) Anything like last year and it will be windy and wet but good sea-fishing weather.
May try to sneak the odd romantic weekend in if I can palm the kids off on some unsuspecting relative/schoolfriend's family.

Gas'

when you get to wales dont forget to go to:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

you may need a couple of welsh phrases too

welsh for 'I love you' is " Baaa"

Bomber, thanks for that. Didn't know there were enough letters in alphabet to spell that!
I love Wales. We've stayed at Amroth, Saundersfoot, now going up closer to Snowdonia. Beautiful country. Shame its wasted on sheep sh*ggers :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back