When considering in or out:

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about "being part of a co-operative community of nations."
We've seen the alternative.
There's a lot of countries in the world that aren't in a political federation, yet I have not heard news of any world wars?

Sponsored Links
I don't think durhamplumber mentioned being better off...
But if he did, how do you define 'better off'? In terms of money?
No evidence that we would be better off in terms of money, I think you'd agree.
Less freedom of movement, risk of losing some worker's rights, (we could quite feasibly put such things in that category) with Brexit.
Lifespan?
With less money for the NHS, and a poorer nation, I fail to see how life span could improve.
Self esteem?
If you need Brexit for your self esteem, it sounds like you have other issues. There is a theory that many of those that voted Brexit had Imperialist yearnings, or to put it another way - resented being part of the EU, as they yearned for when GB was an empire. Hardly a laudable approach to the future of your country.
Sovereignty?
Already covered
Democratic accountability?
Pretty sure we have EU elections. In fact, I have voted in them before, so... what was your point again? Meanwhile, there is talk of reform, which is hardly surprising, as it is a democratic system.
If you answer is only 'money' then you may have missed the point...
The UK's economy is a major factor in much of the above, not least in people's health.

There's a lot of countries in the world that aren't in a political federation

Ukraine, for example.

Georgia.

Have a neighbour that does not favour the "co-operative community of nations" model that has served most of Western Europe so well for a lifetime.

I know you are aware that the men who founded the European movement had just lived through the most terrible war the world has ever seen. The older ones had also lived through the second most terrible war the world has ever seen. Nothing was more important to them than preventing a recurrence.

:rolleyes:

EU can take some responsibility for the state of affairs in the Ukraine

Sponsored Links
It can take a lot more responsibility for Germany, France, Italy, Austria not having had another war with each other for a lifetime.

Nothing was more important to the men who set up the European movement.

Peace is like money, or sex, or air.

It doesn't come to the forefront of your mind until you haven't got it.

Sadly Mr Putin has retained the mindset of the 1930's.

To be fair, air must permanently occupy the space at the front of transam's mind. Something must occupy the space after he is bored of entertaining himself by browsing BestGore.com!
Although I suppose he could be vacuous.

It can take a lot more responsibility for Germany, France, Italy, Austria not having had another war with each other for a lifetime.

Nothing was more important to the men who set up the European movement.

Peace is like money, or sex, or air.

It doesn't come to the forefront of your mind until you haven't got it.

Sadly Mr Putin has retained the mindset of the 1930's.

doubt that

The formation of nato & the cold war years had more to do with that then the EU IMHO

A fear of the soviet Union?

You doubt that Mr Putin has retained the mindset of the 1930's?

The west has under estimated putin & played him for a fool

What would the US reaction be if Canada became allied to Russia & then had Russian troops stationed on there border ??

Same as that looney president JFK who nearly started WW3 by stationing Pershing nuclear missiles on the Russian border

hence the Cuban missile crisis in the 60's

What would the US reaction be if Canada became allied to Russia & then had Russian troops stationed on there border ??

Well, that isn't relevant to the UK resigning from the EU.

But I think probably if Canada was a country that had been invaded by US forces, suffered a US-caused famine with millions of deaths, was given a puppet government, and was occupied for fifty years, Canada might jump at any opportunity to get away, when the US collapsed. They might even make the mistake of keeping US-sympathising generals and ministers, and handing over their weapons to the US for "safe-keeping." Or they might have more sense.

Well we will not be in the talked about for years EU controlled army/defence force

The EU thought they could do what ever they like in Eastern Europe Hmmmm they had to think again

afai am concerned the russians can do what they like in the Ukraine ,Georgia & all them other X soviet states

They should never have been allowed to join the EU in the first place

I do not post fake news ?

The EU thought they could do what ever they like in Eastern Europe
:) I see that the EU paper shufflers are getting worried

....... , brexit , A US president & administration who have very little interest in the EU
elections in Holland, Germany & france

If I recall correctly & if my memory serves me correctly
American immigration controls
Pres' Theodore Roosevelt banned known anarchists in 1901 after the assanination of Pres' Arthur
President Truman's act of 1950 allowed the deportation of any suspected communist immigrants
Pres Reagan banned any HIV positive entering the US under the contagious disease act in 1987
Nothing to do with race or religion, so not comparable to Trumps suspension of entry from 7 countries.

Pres Obama suspended Iraqi asylum seekers applications in 2011 after Al Quadea operatives were found in Kentucky
Already debunked:
Trump says Obama banned refugees too. He’s wrong.
http://www.vox.com/world/2017/1/31/14444862/obama-refugee-ban-2011
I do not post fake news ?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
No thanks. Nothing co-operative about the cabal trying to run the eu.
Your comment is self-contradictory.
A cabal is secret, by its definition. Because you are aware of it, it cannot be secret. Unless you are in the cabal.
We are onto conspiracies again:
A cabal is a secret plot, or a small group of people who create such a plot. Some conspiracy theories are based on the idea that governments worldwide are in the hands of a powerful cabal.
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/cabal

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well we will not be in the talked about for years EU controlled army/defence force

The EU thought they could do what ever they like in Eastern Europe Hmmmm they had to think again

afai am concerned the russians can do what they like in the Ukraine ,Georgia & all them other X soviet states

They should never have been allowed to join the EU in the first place

What a pile of ill informed nonsense.

1) There isn't one

2) I am disappointed by your approval of invasion and occupation of small countries by more powerful ones

3) They aren't in the EU.

Do you make this nonsense up yourself, or do you harvest it from some nutter website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back