When the Nazis took on Albion.....

Sponsored Links
Pretty much ...... yes....

If Britain fell to the Germans... the Americans and our allies would not have had a base to free Europe from occupation.

The German's then would have went on to defeat Russia. America would not have the support of its people or the capability to free Europe from German from afar. We would be speaking German......

The Russians then would have went on to defeat Germany. America would not have the support of its people or the capability to free Europe from Russian hands from afar.
We would be speaking Russian.

Take your pick.....
In an earlier discussion you claimed the UK stood alone in WW2, make your mind up

Sponsored Links
The Nazis were completely outwitted by the English, they didn't have a clue that the enigma machine was broken by the genius Turing.
Turing didn't break the enigma. The Poles did that, they also invented the bombe which had several major improvements made to it, at least one of which was due to Turing.

He was utterly brilliant, and helped the war effort and laid the foundations of almost all modern computing, but he didn't win the war single handed. And like all scientists he stood on the shoulders of other giants.

Are you actually British?

Do you feel any pride in your country?

he hates the UK

he hates the UK
Typical resort to insults, false allegations and abuse.
Dare to disagree with someone's glossy version of history and offer a more credible version, and all of a sudden you're accused of all sorts of silly misdemeanours.
Do they not realise that it illustrates how flimsy their argument was to start with, that they felt the need to resort to insults.

Pride does not mean that you should delude yourself with a fantasist version of history. That's simply delusion.

War is a terrible occurrence, not to be glorified or boasted about.

Let us not forget that the vast majority of dead in WW2 were civilians.
Some 75 million people died in World War II, including about 20 million military personnel and 40 million civilians, many of whom died because of deliberate genocide, massacres, mass-bombings, disease, and starvation.
https://courses.lumenlearning.com/s...people died,bombings, disease, and starvation.​

Now when some feel the need to highlight specific, one-night, successful campaigns that occurred 80 years ago in order to pronounce their pride at being British, I suspect there's something dreadfully immature and insecure about them.

The polish involvement with the enigma

is a little known fact

as is a polish fella who deliberately
Got captured and sent to Auswitz
Escaped and passed on his findings to the allies

I believe he was eventually executed by the Russians

Another little known fact ( may be )

is the American mainland was actually bombed from the air in WW 2 by the Japanese

In an earlier discussion you claimed the UK stood alone in WW2, make your mind up

I think I said Britain. If looking from the Sky you would have seen a couple of big islands off occupied Europe. One of those islands was a haven for those lucky enough to escape the German's. The assault on the Germans and the supply chain to Russia would all come from the British Isles...

I dont doubt we could never have done it without our allies and friends.

At one point these islands stood alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think the Americans would march through Russia to defeat Germany? What would have happened if the British Isles folded.??????
The US would have shipped kit to Russia via the Pacific and the Russians would have chewed the Germans up eventually. It'd probably have slowed things by a bit.

Sponsored Links
Back