When we moan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When we moan we need to think of others to realise we are not that bad off.

I have a love of Asia and an affinity for country's that I've been to.

Sri Lanker have had it hard
The bombings
Covid 19
And now this. Its hammered their economy. I feel for all the lovely people I have met and how tough it must be for all the foreign nationals living there.

And then think how lucky the Sri Lankens are that live in our country and France amongst other wealthier countries.

Sponsored Links
Well, everything's relative I guess... there's always someone in a worse position than you or an equally bad position at least.

Well, if you're tempted to complain about the heat today - and i do - consider how it'd feel to live in a city where the electricity supply is inconsistent and you can't rely on air-conditioning to lower the temperature from around 50 degrees - and finding clean water comes at a cost.
Welcome to India and Pakistan.

No matter what your age (me: 65, had the best era in UK history I believe), if you were born in UK, you have lucked in. Cradle to grave health and welfare cover, clean water and consistent energy supplies, yada yada...

Sponsored Links
No matter what your age (me: 65, had the best era in UK history I believe), if you were born in UK, you have lucked in. Cradle to grave health and welfare cover, clean water and consistent energy supplies, yada yada...

Same here. Hit 66 in August and have often thought I was born at just the right time. Best music, best fashions for ladies, (mini skirts, hot pants, cropped tops, knee/thigh length boots etc, etc). Best TV programmes, no computers/games consoles so we played out all the time. No 'elf & safety so if we hurt ourselves we got up and got on with it, never blaming someone else for our stupidity but learning from it. Played in dirt so developed immunity from most bugs and diseases and if you got into a fight it was usually a fair fist fight with no weapons. Afterwards you dusted each other down, shook hands and respected each other, (sometimes even becoming best mates!).

10 years behind ya!

But I think I still benefitted from an era uncluttered with electronics tuff that prevents you from playing in the real world and other benefits like you mentioned. The one thing about today's world is that I get less abuse for being visibly disabled. It does still happen, but only once in a blue moon.

I had to do a double take....I thought it said thigh-length boobs!
Like these? :LOL:

5706F014-391B-42E0-BDF3-FDE293304AF0.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back