When will we have a DIY Dentistry section on the site?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

MPs demand dentistry overhaul as patients resort to DIY treatment​

Report calls for urgent reform to NHS services with some people unable to access care said to be using pliers to extract teeth

NHS dental services are not fit for purpose and need urgent reform, according to MPs who have warned that people are resorting to DIY treatment using pliers.

A report published on Friday by the health and social care select committee said it was “totally unacceptable in the 21st century” that large numbers of patients had to experience pain and distress because they could not see an NHS dentist.

Fundamental changes were vital if people were to receive the dental care they were entitled to, the report concluded.

You might need these.

Sponsored Links
I suspect the unstated intention is to phase out NHS dentistry completely, by making them so hard to find that people end up going private.

The NHS charges keep going up so much that you can end up paying the same or sometimes more than you would privately anyway.

We don't have NHS opticians, so what's different about dentistry?

I would definitely have gone for dentistry as a medical type career. Very well paid, plenty of demand and lots of drilling. Can it really be that difficult in practice ( leaving aside the almost impossible academic entry requirements) compared to a skilled trade?

Blup

Sponsored Links
I would definitely have gone for dentistry as a medical type career. Very well paid, plenty of demand and lots of drilling. Can it really be that difficult in practice ( leaving aside the almost impossible academic entry requirements) compared to a skilled trade?

Blup
All joking aside, I think there's a relatively significant degree of truth in this. Of course what separates them from us is, as you say, the humongous amount of academic/medical knowledge and skills they require. However when it comes to the physical work itself, it can of course be argued it's similar to certain crafts.

They should train up more dentists

In particular on extractions ?

Trainees could practice the technique / craft on convicted murderers and other such scum bags ????

My dentist told me about a guy who came in for an emergency appointment after using car body filler as a filling.
Expands as it sets.

Should have used Easifill(ing)

I went to an emergency dentist one night with raging tooth ache

Fella said we can do a root canal filling for 600 squid or pull it out for 150

No brainer told him to pull it out

Went back there for some fillings and fell asleep in the chair whilst he was drilling caused a bit of a panic think they thought I had snuffed it or had some medical drama ?

Went to another dentist years before Chinese fella he was alright imo reasonable rates

Bit strange as he never had a dental nurse used to do it all him self

Any way few months later he got struck off and banged up for 6 months improper conduct of a sexual nature a couple of patients said he had interfered with em ????

Don’t recall him interfering with me ? Perhaps he drugged me up and I don’t recall ?? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back