When will we have a DIY Dentistry section on the site?

I suspect the unstated intention is to phase out NHS dentistry completely, by making them so hard to find that people end up going private.

The NHS charges keep going up so much that you can end up paying the same or sometimes more than you would privately anyway.

We don't have NHS opticians, so what's different about dentistry?
would you care to give examples of prices ?

Sponsored Links
Went to another dentist years before Chinese fella he was alright imo reasonable rates

Bit strange as he never had a dental nurse used to do it all him self

Any way few months later he got struck off and banged up for 6 months improper conduct of a sexual nature a couple of patients said he had interfered with em ????

Don’t recall him interfering with me ? Perhaps he drugged me up and I don’t recall ?? :oops:

Did he offer you a coke to drink afterwards? :LOL:

I would definitely have gone for dentistry as a medical type career. Very well paid, plenty of demand and lots of drilling. Can it really be that difficult in practice ( leaving aside the almost impossible academic entry requirements) compared to a skilled trade?

Blup
I remember the episode of "Fresh Meat" on C4, one of the students was studying dentistry and accidentally drilled through a patient's cheek.

So good insurance needed.

But most dentists will be unlikely to have used car body filler, unless they choose to restore a classic for fun. They definitely won't need to keep a rusty banger running, they earn very decent money.

I think I'm right in saying car fillers often get hot during setting, which could cause the surrounding tooth/bone to expand and would definitely hurt.

I once thought I wanted to do dentistry while doing Biology at school. Someone I mentioned the idea to suggested a scenario involving "Mr Halitosis", which put me off.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A reaction of some sorts happened with the car filler and tooth causing pain.

My dentist has recently invested in an on-site crown/onlay scanner and milling machine
Fascinating to watch my tooth onlay being made.
Less fascinating paying for it.

I go to an NHS dentist, I need a molar filling replacing and the NHS would only pay for the grey toxic mercury rubbish. I said I wanted to go private and have a white one. I got another appointment, same room, same dentist and assistant and paid the same receptionist. The price was only a bit more than I'd have paid for the toxic NHS one.

My previous dentist had done the white fillings under the NHS, but probably shouldn't have done.

It's very hard to tell where the boundary between NHS and private is.

I was joking with a workmate about this only yesterday, I have a chipped corner of a back tooth and it's a bit sharp so I keep playing with it with my tongue.
It was being suggested that he uses my dremel to smooth it down a bit.

We were joking but I forsee that some shmuck will actually try this.

Wonder if any of the migrants coming across the channel on rubber boats get to see a dentist on demand ???

Wonder if any of the migrants coming across the channel on rubber boats get to see a dentist on demand ???
British people just need to go to Dover, wade out, throw their passports into the sea then paddle back in.

Your hotel room, pocket money and all services await.

Sponsored Links
Back