Where Are We Going Wrong?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, fiddle the books for as long as you can get away with it, then if you get caught out, admit it and say you are ‘sorry’ or try to blame it on ‘forgetfulness‘.

Mr Conway has already apologised for "administrative shortcomings and the misjudgements" he made.

Then stick with the multi-thousand pound job and the other ’perks’ for about another two years before you need to give it up because you will not get voted back in.

Where are we going wrong?
Or how do we join them?

Sponsored Links
Easy ... Become an MP.

They are all the same bunch of self righteous, self important, self publicising toss pots.

Like Billy Connolly once said ...

The desire to become a politician should automatically exclude you from ever becoming one ... Spot on!

MW

absolutely. I can't remember which film or book this was in but a reluctant leader said " I don't want to be in charge" and the wize one said "this is why it must be you" ...or somthing like that.

As Jesus said,"The meek will inherit the Earth".

Trouble is - the meek don't want it.

Sponsored Links
So, fiddle the books for as long as you can get away with it, then if you get caught out, admit it and say you are ‘sorry’ or try to blame it on ‘forgetfulness‘.

Mr Conway has already apologised for "administrative shortcomings and the misjudgements" he made.

Then stick with the multi-thousand pound job and the other ’perks’ for about another two years before you need to give it up because you will not get voted back in.

Or how do we join them?

He has been punished by a 10 day suspension from parliament.

Sooo...thats 10 days off work (on full pay I bet) he will be able to sneak a winter sun break at our expense.

Well I think It's extremely harsh. :rolleyes:

dave.m said:
I would say that it's a mistake to expect an MP to behave in any other way.

Jonathan Lynn - a bladdy genius.

And, seemingly, a happy man:

2505430mq2.jpg

:?: :!: :!: Does it really matter who they pay this money to, the shear scale of the expenses the MPs run up each year is just scandalous.
I doubt whether any other 'industry' racks up these sorts of bills (other than the finance sector !).
They are just a set of rip-off merchants; unfortunately it's you and I that are having to provide the money for these bills.

homevine said:
I doubt whether any other 'industry' racks up these sorts of bills (other than the finance sector !).
So, to rephrase what you've just written, you believe that there is one other 'industry' that racks up expense accounts in similar amounts to MPs.

If you think that there's only one other then you're being rather naive. Does this jog your memory:

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=9008

:?:

Sponsored Links
Back