Where's he gone?

Greetings. It’s been quiet round here again. No posts since end of Feb. His name doesn’t come up if you search on names… Do you think he’s been expelled?
That's possible. He last posted on 27th Feb. As you say, if one searches by name, or clicks on his name in a post,the system fails to find a profile for him. However, as before, if one uses the Search facility and types in his full user name (which does not appear in a drop-down list as one types), then one gets to see all of his posts.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
My breath is bated..
mans-hand-at-which-fingers-are-crossed.jpg

Aah. Obv!
For what it's worth, he still does not appear in drop-down lists (e.g.in Search facility) when one partially types his user name, but if one types his user name in full, the Search finds all of his posts. Any attempt to view his profile still results in a message saying "This user's profile is not available". I have no idea of what, if anything, is the significance of any of that.

Kind Regards, John

I assumed it was a deliberate choice he made.
I rather doubt it. If one tries to see the profile for a member who has exercised such a choice, one gets a message saying "This member limits who may view their full profile." - not that their profile "is not available".

Kind Regards, John

I don't think it has any. It's been like that as long as I can remember.
No.
it was like this for a month; early Jan to early Feb but before and after that it was perfectly normal. Then mid March it transpired he's absent again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back