Where's he gone?

Interestingly still available for PM's but then so is Holmslaw

Sponsored Links
No. it was like this for a month; early Jan to early Feb but before and after that it was perfectly normal. Then mid March it transpired he's absent again.
That makes sense. As I wrote to Detlef, the messages one gets when one tries to view his profile etc. are different from those one gets as a result of 'member choice'.

Kind Regards, John

Meh... I'm not that bothered either way to have made a great study of it. I would imagine Winston1 is very flattered by all this attention. :)

Meh... I'm not that bothered either way to have made a great study of it. I would imagine Winston1 is very flattered by all this attention. :)
...if he's in a position to see them :) (or is this forum publicly viewably by no-members?)

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I've seen this thread on here for a while, but never been interested.
Just taken a look and it looks like Winston has asked to be removed, If so, his loss. BAS and Winston were pedantic, and annoying, but I just silently laughed at them and tried not to reply.
I did at times and didn't at other times, like reading what they said. Because they created thread drift and arguments which I hate and never get into, but somehow enjoy reading.

I've seen this thread on here for a while, but never been interested.
Just taken a look and it looks like Winston has asked to be removed, If so, his loss. BAS and Winston were pedantic, and annoying, but I just silently laughed at them and tried not to reply.
I did at times and didn't at other times, like reading what they said. Because they created thread drift and arguments which I hate and never get into, but somehow enjoy reading.
Ah but the big problem wasn't all the bickering. it was the actual incorrect advice he would give, sometimes even dangerous.
The pudency is tolerable if it is correct, it was common for it to be incorrect.

I'm.. sorry.. but.. I.. can't.. resist..

Pedantry! ;)
Depends on dictionary.
Ironically this is one of those words that gets batted around between different game players. In the past when I've used pedantry ... well you can imagine the rest.
Just as ironic the spelling was autocorrected.

Just taken a look and it looks like Winston has asked to be removed,
What give you that impression?

I'd be very surprised if he had 'asked to be removed', and I don't know what that would really mean, anyway mean. If one so wishes, one can stop participating in the forum, make one's profile inaccessible by others, switch off PMs etc. etc. without having to 'ask' anyone, so what would be the additional significance/effect of 'asking to be removed'?

Kind Regards, John

Wonder if I still have BAS email, maybe he will come back? At least he was normally correct, just a bit pedantic, although on another forum saw a BAS which clearly was not him, and acted more like winston.

I was told when using radio repeaters never to talk to IQ0's as this encouraged them, in fact if I did, I could loose my access code to the repeater (VR2) they get satisfaction from people telling them they are doing some thing wrong, stop telling them, and the stop doing it.

I do however see the danger when some wrong info given, and we can do this with the best of intentions, even a typo error.

Wonder if I still have BAS email, maybe he will come back? At least he was normally correct, just a bit pedantic, although on another forum saw a BAS which clearly was not him, and acted more like winston.
I remain in intermittent contact with BAS and, although he has not said so in quite so many words, I think he might well consider coming back if he could be assured that there was no chance of winston ever being 'allowed back in' again.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back