Which bit/method to enlarge 15mm hole to 26mm hole

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a hole (where the peephole was) in my door that I want to enlarge to 26mm.

The outside is made out of some sort of plastic and the inside is foam of some sort. I don't want to shatter the plastic on the other side of the door.

I tried using a flat wood bit, but because the hole that exists is quite large, I didn't gain any traction and just tore off the paint around the hole. I assume I'll need a different type of bit, I have a 25mm masonary bit which I assume won't work. Which would be the best type to get for the job?

Any advice?

Photo attatched

IMG_20160317_152657.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hole saw.

Start from the outside. Finish from the inside. Plug the hole first so the pilot follows it.

Tell us what the hole is for.

Sponsored Links
a round piece of wood would be better. You can tap it in, doesn't matter if it is a tight fit because you will be cutting out that part. You need to be sure that your cutting tool will not skid or wander while you work.

The hinge cutter and piece of wood worked perfectly.

Now if I had only tried that first time round I wouldn't have taken off so much paint!

Cheers guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back