Which boiler for a 5 bedroomed semi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks in advance for your advice.
What boiler would you use for a 5 bedroomed semi-detached victorian property: 2 en-suite, 1 bathroom, gas hobs and gas central heating.
The price, as always is very important.
Glow-worm 35 cx?
Glowworm Xtramax HE combi?
Baxi boiler?
I am sure you'll come up with other models..

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
depends on your budget! if you've got the money and you are staying where you are for a considerable time consider a worcester bosch 440 floor standing boiler or a 42 cdi wall mounted. Rolls royce of boilers. I've fitted lots and end users are extremely satisfied- quite dear though!

A Puma 80 with some problems...
That's a 24kW boiler.

In the past, unfortunately, boilers tended to be oversized. So the current boiler size is not an accurate guide to what you need. The best way of finding out is to use the Boiler Size Calculator.

Note that, as you have a semi, there is only one wall front to back.

That's a 24kW boiler.

In the past, unfortunately, boilers tended to be oversized. So the current boiler size is not an accurate guide to what you need. The best way of finding out is to use the Boiler Size Calculator.

Note that, as you have a semi, there is only one wall front to back.

The puma 80 is a combi boiler so is probably very undersized for the hot water requirements in a 5 bedroom semi.

For that manu hot outlets I would usually recommend an un-vented cylinder, but have a look at the Broag Avanta Plus 39c or maybe a storage combi.

If you have the funds, look at the ATAG Q51c

THANK YOU ALL!
I'LL HAVE A LOOK AT THE MODELS YOU MENTIONED.
This is a place we'll rent out therefore I need to compromise on price.

Because If I have to live in a 5 bed house I would probably want to install a megaflow system. While if renting it I'd go for a cheaper solution.
Thanks for asking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back