Which Boiler??

Although I would say that Worcester and Vaillant are about neck and neck in reliability... I have fitted a fair few Worcesters. I would say that Vaillant are easier to work on if it does develop a problem as everything is reasonably easy to get at through the front of the boiler, and if I am the guy who fitted it, then my customers will call me to repair it, it pays to make life easy for myself.

I still find myself wondering about fitting the odd Baxi now and then... the current models do appear to be nice little boilers at a reasonable price..

The key to a long lived boiler is correct installation..

I agree, and I would add that the Vaillant diagnostic system with s, d and f codes is far superior and easy to use.

Sponsored Links
Vaillant are s***te you plick. De germans are no good at building anything these days.

I would go along with that. Talking to an AA guy the other day. He said Merc and BMW are built to last 3 years and then big trouble, and labour costs twice the price to fix. He was scathing of Merc. I asked him what is the most reliable as he gets called out all the time. He said Toyota, Honda and Mitsubishi by miles. He said if want an upmarket car go for a Lexus and don't bother with BMW.

I have had Neff which is total crap. Bosch appliances are middle range like Vaillant.

Vaillant are s***te you plick. De germans are no good at building anything these days.

I would go along with that. Talking to an AA guy the other day. He said Merc and BMW are built to last 3 years and then big trouble, and labour costs twice the price to fix. He was scathing of Merc. I asked him what is the most reliable as he gets called out all the time. He said Toyota, Honda and Mitsubishi by miles. He said if want an upmarket car go for a Lexus and don't bother with BMW.

I have had Neff which is total rubbish. Bosch appliances are middle range like Vaillant.

talking to an AA man doesn't make you an expert car mechanic just like flicking through brochures and being able to cut & paste doesn't make you a heating engineer. :rolleyes:

Take your medication and go back to bed.

get a turkish made boiler, heatline are a nice budget boiler. in the hands of a good installer they are a very nice boiler. simple and not over engineered like others. they have just been bought by valliant as well

another option is biasi B rated stuff, they are very very reliable but don't get much credit for it. clocks a bit **** on them though and are a bit fugly IMO

Sponsored Links

I have had Neff which is total rubbish. Bosch appliances are middle range like Vaillant.

talking to an AA man doesn't make you an expert car mechanic

Said a like proper Vaillant employee. He knows what brakes down a lot, as he is called to fix them. He was in fact a very bright Czech who was a superb mechanic before coming to the UK.

talking to an AA man doesn't make you an expert car mechanic

Said a like proper Vaillant employee. He knows what brakes down a lot, as he is called to fix them. He was in fact a very bright Czech who was a superb mechanic before coming to the UK.

Is "HE" another of your split personalities you dithering schizophrenic old fool?

:rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind betting BB and lawrence whatever have the same IP address :rolleyes:

The only posters that ever agree with Drwaterburner, are indeed those of his other personalities where he talks to himself and replies to himself.

If only us heating engineers who are actually out there working on the boilers and putting right the errors in BB's posts had time to make up other screen names to be able talk to ourselves on here :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind betting BB and lawrence whatever have the same IP address :rolleyes:

Add it to the long list of alias' and alter ego's. :rolleyes:

It's a shame that the mental health system has let him down so badly.

:LOL:

It's a shame that the mental health system has let him down so badly.

They haven't let him down. His carers couldn't take any more of his bullshit and kicked him out. :LOL:

Me thinks this topic was made purely to flush a said personality out from behind a brochure.................!!!! :)

Vaillant, WB, Broag ect ect.

Not a patch on these boilers, the Kiturami 30h is the way to go.

I can assure you I am not bb, I am a ****ing realist, unlike most of the pricks on here who say vaillant are top end. I have installed plenty of vaillants, worcester-bosch also, these two being the most popular I have fitted. Not that I want to but the customer has already been sold the idea! And they both have had their problems, vaillant more so. Not installation faults as I do know how to fit a boiler properly. The most reliable recent boiler I have fitted is the potterton performa. I am certainly not saying that this is the best but to hype up vaillant and slag off most of the other makes of boiler, then you are on another planet! Wake up, Vaillant are nothing but average just like most of the other popular brands.

DANGERmouse you are just a puppet that works for vaillant so nobody should listen to you about what boiler to fit!! How to fix a vaillant then yes. Unless you are one of the old glow-worm engineers working on vaillants.

I can assure you I am not bb, I am a **** realist, unlike most of the pricks on here who say vaillant are top end. I have installed plenty of vaillants, worcester-bosch also, these two being the most popular I have fitted. Not that I want to but the customer has already been sold the idea! And they both have had their problems, vaillant more so. Not installation faults as I do know how to fit a boiler properly. The most reliable recent boiler I have fitted is the potterton performa. I am certainly not saying that this is the best but to hype up vaillant and slag off most of the other makes of boiler, then you are on another planet! Wake up, Vaillant are nothing but average just like most of the other popular brands.

DANGERmouse you are just a puppet that works for vaillant so nobody should listen to you about what boiler to fit!! How to fix a vaillant then yes. Unless you are one of the old glow-worm engineers working on vaillants.

sounds even more like BB!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back