Which Company to work for

thanks for all the "told ya so"'s, really helpful that.

So, back to the original question, do any of you know anything about transco or baxi, or the other manufacturers

That Heateam one sounds intersting, any more info on that?

Sponsored Links
I never said that Newcomers

But I do question what you think the job is about? what makes you think heateam will be any better? I am sure the poxi boys will correct me but I am sure they have high targets too

and I bet the mileage you have to do is much more than BG expected you to do?

ive just feel that BG has come too soon for me. I've never done plumbing, never had to fix cookers and im getting these jobs everyday and im struggling. Ive been fine with the boiler breakdowns so just want to concentrate on fixing boilers to be honest.

How about Transco?

well transco dont exist anymore

Must say that i have never been a TOFO engineer but those I know who do say the same thing, great money, shyte work

They do some hellish hours they do

:)

try a nice little local firm who will pay you thousands and only ask you to work when there is a u in the day, I am kidding mate, all work has an element of crap you just have to square that circle yourself

Sponsored Links
i worked for HEATEAM about 4 years ago.lasted 9 months , I was promised £30,000 but paid 19,000 pa , bonus was based on how the fsm felt at the time . poor training as their range is SO big. I would try elsewhere

i worked for HEATEAM about 4 years ago.lasted 9 months , I was promised £30,000 but paid 19,000 pa , bonus was based on how the fsm felt at the time . poor training as their range is SO big. I would try elsewhere

ok thanks mate

Your contradicting yourself newcomer. You say you want to stick to boiler repairs then ask about transco. Do you know what tranco(NG) actually do.

Your contradicting yourself newcomer. You say you want to stick to boiler repairs then ask about transco. Do you know what tranco(NG) actually do.

What I mean is stick to what I know, and all I know is boilers and obviously how to detect gas leaks etc.

My experiance of a TOFO person on a domestic level is that they dont locate leaks it kinda goes like this

Customer "Hello mr TOFO I think I have a leak"

TOFO "do ya? ok"

and forty seconds later the whole gas supply is cut off and the customer is given advice to call an RGI to locate the leak

ANY large organisation will probably work on targets and pressure the same as BG :rolleyes: Look for a smaller independant for less pressure

ANY large organisation will probably work on targets and pressure the same as BG :rolleyes: Look for a smaller independant for less pressure

how would that work gas? smaller outfits need more hours from you from my experiance

Sponsored Links
Back