Which Company to work for

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

im currently at BG but not really liking it too much (have been told many lies and its really not what they make it out to be)

Anyway, thinking of leaving but not sure where to apply.

Do any of you know anything about baxi or transco, or even meter changing companies? I.E Pay, shifts, area of work, complulsory weekend work etc. Any info at all would be great.

Thanks a lot guys

Sponsored Links
Try pimlico plumbing, I was taling to one of their guys the otherday, much to my surpise he said they were all S.E'd (but you do get a very silly number plate)

I would also guess meter changing co is worse than bg,

all the bg blokes told me the same, 40 something mins / job, x jobs /day

I should think its the same for changing meters

Sponsored Links
I see alot of BG guys who are quite happy, however they are near retirement and a change is too much, they do say the pressure of "job at a time" lack of good management, sales etc are not what they want. Why do you want to leave?

Worcester-Bosch are taking on around Luton and Milton Keynes. I don't know what there like to work for though.

shame.

BG is easy money, maybe its different round your way.

bg has gone from bad to worse but this is the fault of stupid management decisions like changing the performance measure to a sales based model, stopping engineers from raising breakdown jobs on services and therefore encouraging system faults to be ignored, and generally moving good managers around to different areas to start building relationships from scratch. Not a good place to be at the moment.....I should imagine. The happy engineers are the ones who can see their pensions at the end of the tunnel.

Heateam are short of engineers in herts. New contract rolled in so expect 7-8 jobs a day in winter season, Summer season 6 jobs a day mostly services it is a doddle as most of the time in the summer you are off taking your 7 weeks holiday. :D :D

You did scat

and newcomer dont jump from the frying pan into the fire, give it more time mate

Just been on ebay there is a pair of rose tinted glasses for sale ,do you think they are his. :LOL:

Just been on ebay there is a pair of rose tinted glasses for sale ,do you think they are his. :LOL:

I know I am bidding like a booogger for them

been years since I had a pair

:):):):):)

Do you Really think its going to better somewhere else new??

if you do you are being a tad naive, the job is the job no matter who you work for, Targets, job counts sales leads are all part and parcel of the job.

I would suggest you ask yourself what you are looking for from the job?

The hours are long and lonely no matter WHO you work for.

Sponsored Links
Back