Which Wholesaler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been told in another post that CEF is most expensive, which is the best to use, newey's?

Sponsored Links
Just depends which is most convenient and wheter you can justify the difference in price versus the extra time fuel etc going to a cheaper one. When I am running about doing local repairs I have little choice but to use CEF (The nearest wholesaler by 10 miles) but if I am ordering gear ready for a job I use Edmonsons and an independant local wholesaler. Personally I don't like neweys but thats just my opinion.

I tend to use Neweys and find them pretty good generally. Once in a while I'll use City for something specific , but as you say they tend to be a bit pricey. It's sometimes worth having a look at screwfix (www.screwfix.com) as well, particularly if you won't get the trade discount from the wholesalers. Their range of electrical stuff used to be pretty limited but has started to improve, and you can generally order for next day delivery. I find it useful when I'm feeling too lazy or haven't got the time to get to the wholesalers in person...

Find WF fine. If they ain't got it, they can usually get it from Dagenham for 7.30 next morning.

Sponsored Links
CEF- rip off- gave me a price of an item (£2.20) same thing I get at £1.50 at eddies & £1.78 locally (400yds from cef)

They want you to commit and spend lots then they might give you a discount thats more reasonable. For me it works the other way round - give me good prices & service I spend. Otherwise I don't.

I am quite fortunate as there are a few wholesalers around a 10 mile radius.

I generally buy box quantities of everything to get a better discount.

Try www.jcelectrics.com. If your looking to place a big order you can give them a ring and they'll sort out a better deal for you. thats what i did anyway.

if ive got time, get stuff from screwfix or CPC. R Dinning is a good place aswell, but its 10 miles away (but i often work near it so its not too outta the way). CEF is a last resort/

remember gettin a LED wind up torch from makro for £4.99. few days later seen it in CEF. £7-8? no chance. £18.

Slow service, and that muppet that has to go into stores three times before he brings you the part you asked for.

wait ****in ages for them to put stuff onto comp and tell you how much it is.

and there's the odd 1 who will just stand and talk to previous customer rather then serve next person in queue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back