White 2.5 T&E

Hi
No i did not do it. It was the guy down the road.

1. 2.5mm T&E i think here's the photo of 3 cables coming out we have a outside light on the patio controlled by the main incomer in the shed.

The cable is about i guess from the CU 20m there is a junction box under the door under the slabs so can't have a look.

The MCB is 20A the fuse carrier in the shed for the plug is 15A and lights 5A i was going to change to a 20A as we don't use the light on the patio i got the festoons wired for that.

It is all T&E under concrete.

Here's the cable going to the house

Thanks
Jake

Sponsored Links
No i did not do it. It was the guy down the road.
So you had it done?

Could you scan or take a photo of the installation certificate and schedule of test results? Blank out any names etc, it's just the technical information of interest.

1. 2.5mm T&E i think here's the photo of 3 cables coming out we have a outside light on the patio controlled by the main incomer in the shed.
Why does that need 3 cables? And I can't see anything coming off the main incomer except what there should be, so I think that you are (fortunately) wrong about that.

The cable is about i guess from the CU 20m there is a junction box under the door under the slabs so can't have a look.
Not allowed.

It is all T&E under concrete.
Not allowed.

Here's the cable going to the house
Ye Gods.

This "guy down the road" is an incompetent and dangerous idiot, isn't he, not an electrician....

yep a long with the CU it was moved from a cupboard in the living room

i don't rember evening hearing about any sort of installation certificate.

1 Sorry i meant fuse unit the fuse there is one cable that goes into a light switch i will take a photo of at some point

Well it's to late now it is about 3-5m under ground so can't really do anything

Sorry a second mistake i meant shed not house :oops:

Thanks
Jake

Well it's to late now it is about 3-5m under ground so can't really do anything

Oh well, never mind then.

I hope it isn't one of your children who gets killed by that electrical installation.

Sponsored Links
Hi
I did't mean it quite like that what can i do with out ripping the patio up?

Thanks
Jake

Isolate it until you can have the supply properly and safely installed.

Hi
Thank you for all your help i will do that.

Thanks
Jake

Hi
Thank you for all your help i will do that.

Thanks
Jake
:LOL:

Anyway, why fuses? Surely the guy down the road had a couple of MCBs, or if he was fitting fuses, a rewireable Wylex standard? :rolleyes:

No thanks to the sticker it's just the sheath colour i need it white
It's just a shed... :confused:

If you're so concerned about cosmetics that you're prepared to pay nearly twice as much for LSF cable (which AFAIK is the only way you'll get white), why aren't all the cables in conduit or trunking anyway?

i know that the white cable and old colours are breaking the law to newly install
1) There are no laws governing what colour the sheath can be.

2) If it's reasonable for you to use old core colours to modify or extend an existing installation which is in old colours then it's not unlawful.

P.S did the photos show up?
Where?

BAS I have to say this reply is superbly laid out and concise, and required absolutely no effort at all to decipher, many thanks for the time you took to save me the time to understand a crappy post layout as done by others

Hi
I have no idea i didn't do it so how to i know.

OK

Well the photos are were they should be in the message.

Thanks
Jake

I think someone must have been slipping me thick pills again

You insist on living in Leeds... ;)

You should've lived somewhere intelligent like Ackworth, like I did! ;)

Of course, I can see the reason why he needs white.

I think... ;)

You should've lived somewhere intelligent like Ackworth, like I did! ;)
Whats the the point of Ackworth? All I know of there is the roundabout, the STUPID 30mph speed limit with cams, a garden centre on the r/a and the pub opposite. Theres nowt else there.

If its the same ackworth, between Upton and Ponte.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back