White and proud

Sponsored Links
I know I am black
You know you are white
I'm proud of my black skin
And you are proud of your white,

Lyrics from The Specials song Why...

I remember as a kid thinking as I do now... Im not proud of my white skin. I just happen to be white.

Sponsored Links
The black pride and black power movements were a reaction to endemic racism. It's not hard to work out why there hasn't been a massive need for a white power or white pride group.

It's amazing how someone so old can miss this much of history.
When was this endemic racism? I recollect gay pride fat pride lgtbtgism++ pride, is this one a recent occurrence too or we talking about racism from the 14th century which I guess must have its relevance in todays society in the UK was we are predominantly white and that's not long ago really. Hell that must be my g-g-g-g-g-g-g-great grandad the xenophobic embarrassment had a pic of him i just burnt it

I was thinking of popping to Germany and requesting a free citizen week where I can march round reminding them of their shameful reign of terror and how I am proud of no longer being shackled by Nazis ruling the world. Its totally justified as no doubt there must still be an institutional desire in all Germans to behave that way... my god fest you sound like a nutter.

When was this endemic racism? I recollect gay pride fat pride lgtbtgism++ pride, is this one a recent occurrence too or we talking about racism from the 14th century which I guess must have its relevance in todays society in the UK was we are predominantly white and that's not long ago really. Hell that must be my g-g-g-g-g-g-g-great grandad the xenophobic embarrassment had a pic of him i just burnt it

I was thinking of popping to Germany and requesting a free citizen week where I can march round reminding them of their shameful reign of terror and how I am proud of no longer being shackled by Nazis ruling the world. Its totally justified as no doubt there must still be an institutional desire in all Germans to behave that way... my god fest you sound like a nutter.
"But his Maesteg House home was built with the proceeds of slave exploitation in Jamaica.

He received the equivalent of £500,000 (worth £60M in today's value) in compensation when slavery was abolished by Britain in 1833 when he was forced to free his captive workers.

"However, his hundreds of workers in distant Jamaica were paid nothing and received no compensation when they were eventually released from slavery."

Rachel Lang, from the study centre added: "The legacies of colonial slavery are all around us, from the houses built using the proceeds of slave-ownership to the challenges we face today in overcoming the deep-rooted racist policies we upheld for so long.

"This is a history we have all been shaped by, albeit unequally."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-54641987

Germany has not profited from there 'shameful reign of terror'. Slave owners profited then and their descendants continue to benefit from that slave trading. The slaves, and their descendants continue to suffer the inequality created by slavery.

"But his Maesteg House home was built with the proceeds of slave exploitation in Jamaica.

He received the equivalent of £500,000 (worth £60M in today's value) in compensation when slavery was abolished by Britain in 1833 when he was forced to free his captive workers.

"However, his hundreds of workers in distant Jamaica were paid nothing and received no compensation when they were eventually released from slavery."

Rachel Lang, from the study centre added: "The legacies of colonial slavery are all around us, from the houses built using the proceeds of slave-ownership to the challenges we face today in overcoming the deep-rooted racist policies we upheld for so long.

"This is a history we have all been shaped by, albeit unequally."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-54641987

Germany has not profited from there 'shameful reign of terror'. Slave owners profited then and their descendants continue to benefit from that slave trading. The slaves, and their descendants continue to suffer the inequality created by slavery.

Junkers, and the car manufacturers profited from slave Jewish labour.

If this money has been invested and is still out there today then I think some of this should be clawed back and used to fight modern day slavery. Help living people today all around the world including this country.

Sponsored Links
Back