Who needs an education?

its simple greed -the NHS is an easy way to get money into their pockets

first you announce you are increasing the NHS nudget (a vote winner)
then you set up more private healthcare contracts
then you siphon NHS money into private healthcare businesses
then as a Tory MP you either have financial interests in a private healthcare business, or your wife or pet hamster.

Yet they win votes whilst robbing people blind.

Sponsored Links
its because nursing became a degree course

universities are now private businesses and their business model is to make money for their shareholders

nursing costs £9k a year for tuition and about £5k a year for living costs

So net cost for a nurse is £27k to become qualified.....and then join an NHS which is on its knees and morale is at an all time low.

Nursing became a degree only course in 2013.
George Osborne scrapped the bursaries in 2016.
Universities don’t have shareholders.

Sponsored Links
All universities in the UK are effectively privatised!
Not really, with the £9250 contribution being flat. It would an improvement if better universities could charge more for better courses. US unis do.
I'd like to see fees/grants adjusted according to subject & other things, too.

There are half a dozen "private universities" whose fees in some cases are lower than 9kpa - for theory-only courses afaik.

Not really, with the £9250 contribution being flat. It would an improvement if better universities could charge more for better courses. US unis do.
I'd like to see fees/grants adjusted according to subject & other things, too

is it flat?

I always thought the £9250 was the maximum and and all universities simply increased their fees up to the max level.

Higher education has pretty much been privatised by stealth.

same as the NHS

Higher education has pretty much been privatised by stealth.

same as the NHS

It's far worse than that. It would have been cheaper to fund unis directly and end tuition fees because of the way the loan system works and how the Government has sold off the debt.

It's just pure corruption but hey whats more important than your kids health and education? Why of course Shamima Begum.

What a pathetically stupid statement to make.
It was in response to a reply to my post asking what vital government services could be cut. Perhaps you should read the whole thread before jumping in and making yourself look stupid.

Those making the money from said privatisation of education are p*ssing themselves laughing at you and your ilk!
What makes you think I haven't had a fair old screw out of private education, you mug? I've been quietly having a laugh at you and your ilk for some time.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back