Who owns this part of the ridge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During the storm earlier in the year we lost a ridge tile in the wind and I mortared a new one back on as a temporary fix.

Our verge also has mortar coming out of it so we thought we'd have the ridge and verge done re done with a dry system to prevent any other loose tiles coming off.

But the ridge on my house goes into out neighbors house above their attic space.

I've took a screen shot of our house.

The blue box is our house but the ridge running over our house also goes over the neighbors roof.

Am I able to have the work done on their side?

Regards
Callum

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220601-140024~3.png
    Screenshot_20220601-140024~3.png
    411.6 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20220601-140024.png
    Screenshot_20220601-140024.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
Sponsored Links
Ask them, I'm sure they would be happy for someone for fix their roof free of charge.

Andy

Follow the party wall up vertically and stop there. You may need to rebed their last ridge tile where your dry ridge starts.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, I'll have a chat with them. I don't mind doing their ridge I'd just like written permission or something so they can't blame me for "damaging" their roof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back