Who would like an extra day off every year!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I thought you might :LOL:

There is a chance the public can make St Georges Day a Public Bank Holiday after this year. That means a day off with pay - yippeeee !!!

Click on the link below to vote. The site needs at least 1,000,000 votes for the government to take it seriously and give us another holiday.

Pass the link on to whoever you can.

As of 13th Feb 2006 we have over 600,000 votes and need that big push to get over the million. Click on the link and vote, it takes no more than 5 seconds

http://www.stgeorgesday.com/voting.asp

Sponsored Links
Crikey! I could do with another day of work! not enough hours in a day as it is.
If I got paid for a day off may be a different thing. :D

Sponsored Links
A mate sent me this a while back and I voted "No". Being self employed I don't get paid. So tough, get some work done ya lay-a-bout.

Richard, did you really want another day of work? I've got some you can do if you like :LOL:
or do you mean a day off work?

Well, I'm not working at the moment (except as a slave to my lot) and I'm not English but I voted yes because I think it's about time that the Govt. was more flaming patriotic!

It never ceases to amaze me that the only time you ever really see any English flags flying in England is when there is a footy match on.

Us Welsh people fly our flags all year round and are not ashamed or afraid to show our patriotism. I know most English people aren't ashamed to be English but the Govt. seems to be trying to force it upon you the way it bans flag flying and patriotism.

Stand up and be counted for what you are proud of and believe in, I say!

masona said:

There is a chance the public can make St Georges Day a Public Bank Holiday after this year. That means a day off with pay - yippeeee !!!

Click on the link below to vote. The site needs at least 1,000,000 votes for the government to take it seriously and give us another holiday.

As of 13th Feb 2006 we have over 600,000 votes and need that big push to get over the million. Click on the link and vote, it takes no more than 5 seconds

http://www.stgeorgesday.com/voting.asp[/QUOTE]

DONE, Masona, does that mean i can take monday 24th april off as st georges day falls on the sunday 23rd :LOL:
i could do with an extra day i only get 52 days a year holiday ;)

oh aint we forgetiing st Christopher........... mathew mark luke and john .............. St Sven Goran Erikson........ Traflagar day 21st oct .............

I read this as an extra day off (not of) work, & thought 1st year of working 1 day off, 2nd year 2 days & so on. But of course what was ment was an extra public holiday.

poshman said:
masona said:

http://www.stgeorgesday.com/voting.asp[/QUOTE]

oh aint we forgetiing st Christopher........... mathew mark luke and john .............. St Sven Goran Erikson........ ..
St. Vitus.......then we can all have a dance :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back