Who's responsibility is earth bonding gas pipes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted last week that my gas meter piping is not earth bonded. So, is it actually my responsibility to have the work undertaken? Surely as I dont own the meter it is not the responsibility of the gas meter owner - Transco? -to undertake the work? After all it was they who didnt do the bonding in the first place when the meter was replaced a few years ago !
I was planning to call them tomorrow to test this out

Sponsored Links
It's yours, it's connected to your pipe, not the meter.
Transco are too big to care.

I can't find the previous post which you mention but if Transco removed a bond and did not replace it I suppose you could complain about irresponsibility and send them the bill.

Don't hold your breath.

The responsibility for earth bonding to the gas service pipes, is yours.
You are connecting to the consumers side not the suppliers/providers side, the pipework you bond to belongs to you, not Transco.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Let us know what they say after you have wasted a hour of your life on the phone.

You might want to phone the water board and ask them afterwards. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Let us know what they say after you have wasted a hour of your life on the phone.

You might want to phone the water board and ask them afterwards. :LOL:
Point taken :)

I will crack on with the job !

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back