Whose SAB is this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm updating an old Scantronic system with a Texecom but would like to keep the ADT branded SAB (as a deterrent). The battery needs replacing and the strobe doesn't work. Ideally I'd like to buy a replacement matching unit (if they are still made) but keep the printed lid. Does anyone know whose SAB this would have been? (Modern Alarms install about 20 years ago subsequently updated by ADT).

Other option is just to cannibalise a new unit for the electronics and fit into the existing box.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the prompt reply, I'll watch the Ebay item and keep a look out for them, otherwise might rebuild it with the guts from something else.

i am thinking that if it is an old Modern external siren it could be a Eurobell back plate.

so changing the battery will be easier, if you have a soldering iron!

but then it could be the third generation of Micheldean siren units, over the years Modern Automatic Alarms/Modern Alarms/Modern Security systems went though a few different siren/bell boxes.

its best just to take the cover off and have a look.

Oasis

i think i still have a few old Aunt Daisy boxes in the shed at the bottom of my garden! which one of my staff is going to be clearing out soon!

Sponsored Links
i had one left, but as we moved to new premises in may it went in the scrap bin!

it was brand new still in box,

should have kept it really, but you can only keep ceertain stuff for a long time.

just removed a 9100 with zone expander card out of a job i did in 1993!!
still working, but they needed a update!!

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back