Why are you giving away free trade knowledge

Too many people wanting everything and offering sweet FA for it seems to be the problem.

A message to any insurance salesmen who by the off chance might be reading this forum.

Can you give me tips on getting the cost of insurance down on my van? Without breaking the law.

It;s only fair ;)

Sponsored Links
I am with you wholeheartedly on the general meaning of the above.

All the people who are obsessed with spelling and grammer are missing the whole point, in most areas of life not least this forum.

I think it's funny...I like spelling and grammar, as a hobby, but in my occupation, you stop a local flood, maybe a blocked toilet, and I stop most of the country being unable to use their debit cards?

Blocked toilet? or Any area within the UK being able to use their cash cards to remove money from their account? Which would you choose?

You take both for granted..but which would you choose?

we give free advice 'because we are tradesmen' not all of us are conmen despite what you see and hear on tv

I am with you wholeheartedly on the general meaning of the above.

All the people who are obsessed with spelling and grammer are missing the whole point, in most areas of life not least this forum.

I think it's funny...I like spelling and grammar, as a hobby, but in my occupation, you stop a local flood, maybe a blocked toilet, and I stop most of the country being unable to use their debit cards?

Blocked toilet? or Any area within the UK being able to use their cash cards to remove money from their account? Which would you choose?

You take both for granted..but which would you choose?

What is this? lmfao

Blocked toilet every time, if you gotta go you gotta go. Money can wait, a turd cant.

Personally I choose not to unblock toilets if I can help it.

My debit and credit cards are collecting dust. I have not used a card machine for about 6 months. I earn so much cash I never get around to using them. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
we give free advice 'because we are tradesmen' not all of us are conmen despite what you see and hear on tv

Your not very good then are you at being a 'tradesmen'!

We sell what we know for a price, same as the insurers, the teachers, the policemen, the car industry and so on and so on.

We have got a HELL of a long time to go before we are dancing around in one large circle with all creatures under the sun so keep your liberal idea's to yourself as i and many other 'TRADESMEN' are failing to earn enough to even go out on the weekend.

So Chippy

Why do you bother frequenting this site ?

Nobody else to listen to your moaning ?

I was just wondering why so many of you "tradesmen" are so eager to give away advice/tips/answers that have taken many of us a long time to learn only to post them here in the public domain. Now all a person has to do is type in there boiler and fault and the info is there. In the current climate many people will try and fix their boiler themselves and with this site it is making it all too easy for them, just really starting to annoy me.

Do help old ladies across the road and then present them with an invoice for your time? (rounded up to the nearest hour?) :rolleyes:

in some cases the information being asked for is clearly being sought by someone who is for instance doing something stupid like fitting his own b&q bought boiler, with no knowledge or skills and a sack of compression fittings, it does make you wonder.

has anyone ever elecrocuted/blown up/burnt/gassed/drowned/crushed/been sued through taking advice from here? i hope not, but i wouldn't bet on it.

i've had info out of here that has helped me out and i hope i return the favour occassionally.............

a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.......... a little bit more doubly so.

It was on the news earlier that a hundred people had been left without gas, because some engineer had connected a boiler up incorrectly, and blocked up gas pipes with water, so British Gas had to visit each property to clear the water to their boilers...

So come on - name and shame! :LOL:

The problem with giving advice, is that the person requesting it might come across as professional, so you give indepth information, to the letter, explaining what to do, whereas the person might be a total idiot, and even got someone else to post that message, as they don't know how to use a computer.

I'm considered in some circles to be an expert on a particular type of alarm system, that is now defunct, and not manufactered any more. And I get all types of questions..but sometime I have to sit back and ask myself...are they asking a genuine question, or are they asking how to steal? and bypass the system? So I do checks, to test their knowledge, and their need to perform these repairs. via PM.

Ia hundred people had been left without gas, because some engineer had connected a boiler up incorrectly, and blocked up gas pipes with water, so British Gas had to visit each property to clear the water to their boilers...

Ouch. connected the gas to the mains water? that must of hurt.

It was on the news earlier that a hundred people had been left without gas, because some engineer had connected a boiler up incorrectly, and blocked up gas pipes with water.

Main water heaters send water down the gas supply when not regularly and correctly serviced.

Mickymoody is an expert on the benefits system which he leeches off like a parasite; nowt else ffs. :rolleyes:

Danger mouse, We know you don't like benifit cheats, that's fine and understandable, but don't jump in on posts if you only want to call people.
Youv'e done it to me a few times, great, i bear no malice, haven't the time for people like yourself.

If you have nothing constructive to offer, please stop ruining others posts. thanks. ;)

I'm sorry to hear that and best of luck in finding something as soon as possible,

Do you mainly work in new-build or smaller business general stuff ?

Sponsored Links
Back