Why are you giving away free trade knowledge

Sponsored Links
I think we need to clarify what is working illegally. Is it illegal in the eyes of GS - no, I'm GS registered and therefore competent and safe to work on gas.

I think you will find thats wrong.

GS will find it illegal as you are registered through BG not as an individual. You are only GS registered when working for BG.
In the eyes of the HSE you are competant to work on gas.

So if a cash job goes tits up, you will probably end up jobless and get a huge bill because you dont have PLI. The HSE would have found you to be competant but as the job went tits up, they might change their minds on that.

As a BG fitter, what does it matter if we post help on here? The people searching on here for help arent BG customers, our customers mostly dont own computers they retired before computers were introduced.

Isombard Kingdom Brunel was an Engineer.
A guy who fixes/tests electronic devices ( for example) is a Technician . A Gas Fitter couldn`t fit a French Letter :LOL:

5 years to learn how to tile :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: stop it!! i just spat me coffee all over my leg... :LOL: funny

why 5 years?????

whats so funny :?:

could it possibly be that there really is so much to learn and involved with tiling, different types of tile, differing natural stone, different cutting for different materials, different tecniques. different adhesives for different stone etc etc etc, come and do my bathroom for me, i will supply the tiles, you supply everything else and lets see what kind of job you make of it.
Dont forget i am 48 yrs old and started my apprenticeship in 1978. so that was 30 yrs ago.
Try finding some REAL time served tilesr and ask how long their apprenticeships lasted before taking the p*ss mate

Sponsored Links
5 years to learn how to tile :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: stop it!! i just spat me coffee all over my leg... :LOL: funny

why 5 years?????

could it possibly be that there really is so much to learn and involved with tiling, different types of tile, differing natural stone, different cutting for different materials, different tecniques. different adhesives for different stone etc etc etc, come and do my bathroom for me, i will supply the tiles, you supply everything else and lets see what kind of job you make of it.
Dont forget i am 48 yrs old and started my apprenticeship in 1978. so that was 30 yrs ago.
Try finding some REAL time served tilesr and ask how long their apprenticeships lasted before taking the p*ss mate

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahah
......................................................................hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaaa

not sure whats funny about this either. 5 year apprenticeship is certainly a long time to learn how to hang a tile. but to learn how to make a flawless finish time after time with various types of tile and differing customer requests is not to be sniffed at.

in my own profession anyone can run pipe and solder the stuff together. can they do it as quickly and neatly as me and do it by eye instead of measurement? probably not.

Bg diarrhea Brown nose is abusive is it? Its the god damn truth :LOL:
Get a grip mod...........or are you a bg brown nose too? :cool:

I have a private customer base as well. I am not worried about my earnings, as many of you know, if you are good at what you do it won't affect you, but I just think the breakdown side of the industry will suffer.

I have a private customer base as well. However, I pay tax, NI, accountancy, gassafe fees, seemingly endless overheads. I therefore have a problem with greedy BG fitters pinching our work. Unless you are registered individually OUTSIDE the BG operative status then you are breaking the law, and I think it's about time we started to grass on you.

By the way, I am an Ex BG gas service Engineer, from when we were trained to work in all aspects of the trade, not just "servicing" and over recommending Powerflushes for dubious reasons (often 500 of them!)

:evil:

why 5 years?????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahah
......................................................................hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaaa

care to explain what you find so FUNNY

or is it because i havent done one of these few months courses and call myself TIMESERVED.
i really cant see whats so funny, so come on explain to me

5 years tiling app. in 1978 :confused: I did 3 year plumbing in 1971-4 . Day release @ college.Thought all apps. were 3 years @ that time , not taking the P, just puzzled ;)

5 years tiling app. in 1978 :confused: I did 3 year plumbing in 1971-4 . Day release @ college.Thought all apps. were 3 years @ that time , not taking the P, just puzzled ;)

seriously mate, i got my apprenticeship with "tyne tilers" and it was a 5 yr apprenticeship and at the same time my brother got his apprenticeship as a joiner with the local council and that was 3 yrs

how on earth can it take five years to learn how to tile come on?

only takes 7 years to be a doctor.

3 years for a plumber 5 years for a tiler am i missing something here :confused:

how on earth can it take five years to learn how to tile come on?

only takes 7 years to be a doctor.

3 years for a plumber 5 years for a tiler am i missing something here :confused:

you aint missing anything mate, if you no any tile fixers around my age ask how long their apprenticeships lasted and if they were " an indentured apprentice"

Sponsored Links
Back