Why are you giving away free trade knowledge

Sponsored Links
just sat in the office wasting a bit of time looking through the posts on the site,

i had to add my two penneth worth.

if you provide a service to a customer and you charge a fe for your work, you must hold the correct insurance for carrying out that work.

if you work for a national/local company and you moonlight doing the same job, they can sack you under gross misconduct

having had that done to me;
an ex member of staff pinching the work from under my nose, he got sacked as soon as i found out how much he was doing,
and i had him prosecuted for theft,
IE fuel for van, stock and time (he was doing the work when he should have been working on our sites.

and yes i do know what i am talking about, and yes i am an engineer not a technician, 4 years apprenticed 3 years university! and a hell of a lot of paper!!!! (a proper one with bits of paper to prove it!)

John

just sat in the office wasting a bit of time looking through the posts on the site,

i had to add my two penneth worth.

if you provide a service to a customer and you charge a fe for your work, you must hold the correct insurance for carrying out that work.

if you work for a national/local company and you moonlight doing the same job, they can sack you under gross misconduct

an ex member of staff pinching the work from under my nose, he got sacked as soon as i found out how much he was doing,
IE fuel for van, stock and time (he was doing the work when he should have been working on our sites.

and yes i do know what i am talking about, and yes i am an engineer not a technician, 4 years apprenticed 3 years university! and a hell of a lot of paper!!!! (a proper one with bits of paper to prove it!)

John

John,

If you had him prosecuted, details must be in the public domaine so could you provide a link to any of it?

The reason I ask is I don't believe you could have had him prosecuted for theft of fuel or time as you would not have been able to quantify either of them.

Sponsored Links

If he was doing this in work time, either you or your superiors need to brush up on their man-management skills!

And gas fridges with the pilot to run them when I tell people they think I'm mental.

We used to have a gas-powered camping fridge... I got some raised eyebrows when I mentioned it to some friends who are apparently camping fanatics.

(although to be fair, their version of camping seems like hard work... carrying all the gear on your back? No fridge for a cold beer when you've got the tent up?)

Come to think of it, as we bought it in the UK but used it on the Continent, we may have been breaking some gas regs abroad without even realising it...

Well of course Donkmeisiter. you should have called out the local " gas-safe monsieur" and explained your problem.

No you don't, although it is sensible

When I signed my apprenticeship indentures back in 1957 one of the conditions was that "I must keep the secrets of my trade"
Thank god those dark days are over. It took centuries to get rid of the power of the church to keep us dumb, we don't need unions and the likes to continue that tradition.

A very interersting point indeed however i could not disagree with you more.
Do you believe all people in a higher position then yourself or can you not make your own 'personal' judgement on the economy and how it works? (yes, same thing).
I work with lads ten years older then myself and the same age who have served there time with 'masters' of there trade' with opinions which are very similar to your own.

Could be that becuase i have been taught by an old school carpenter/joiner that my opinion differs from yours but when working on site, (which i really try to avoid seeing as how the site managers along with this CSCS ****** have not got the slightest clue in what they are saying or doing...ever walked in on one and they are on facebook, more then likey this site minimised in the corner) and look around as i am waiting for materials once again to do the job i would not change for any other in this world.
I see major and i mean major f**k ups constantley, clowns walking around with not a clue in there head apart from "its friday in a few days, wupppeeee" and so on. But hey, when the **** hits the fan it is all " HEY chip, chip what the hell can i do here?" this is from site agents, plumbers, sparkies the bloody lot. I only help out the genuine lot if i can (still learning) and to the rest with opinions much like yourself, haha bud get your information elsewhere.

There is being helpfull, but then there is being quite a nasty ****, even if you have failed to realise that.

Learn the BASICS of an economy and you might understand why everything in the uk is in such a mess ;)

By the way i am 21, been at it since i was 15...decided earlier this year to make me own way and leave the old fart to carry on and teach some other young smartarse.

After working out the cost of it all, including insuring my first very own van at a fair price of 6,500 (well you must understand you are in the high risk zone, sir) you can not help but think, ****ing hell, it seems all these ****s want to do is have my trousers down at every turn and nowhere in my life will i be rewarded for hard graft and playing it fair.

Well i can already see many of you noticed that a while back and have deiced to play ball ;)

I was also told that all countries over the world, ten plus years ago, were crying out for uk tradesmen as we were rated the best in the world.

Unfortunatley the teacher was not in the catergory they were looking for so he has to live out his working life in this great ****hole but fortunatley for myself, he has taught me well and i am soon to be working and living in Australia who seem to look after there citizens.

I can imiagine the construction industry 25 years from now

"no me ammer dat nail dair"
"no boss said me ammer dat nail and you screw dat screw"
"but i have not got any protections".

UK and the construction industry is ****ed because of people with the same ideas as yourself who fail to see what damage you actually cause in the long run, but aslong as it makes you feel nice and warm inside , what else matters right?

Craftemenship is a thing aquired through time, but i am more then posotive the ilk have worked that out, a very long time ago.

Thought i would have a rant :)

Craftemenship is a thing aquired through time, but i am more then posotive the ilk have worked that out, a very long time ago.

You say you are 21, and have the experience required? but post so many spelling mistakes? If you can't type, how can you do work?

If people in the industry can't spell, then it spells fear for me in 25 years you say?

Your post makes little or no sense, and is spelt badly. £6.5K for you to drive a van on the roads is too little. Your sensibilities, as is your text are at best 10 year old. I wouldn't entertain someone in my home to repair anything, with your basic lack of education, ie the lack of being unable to speak/spell.

How on earth has being able to spell got anything to do with the quality of work someone can produce? I am trying to see things from your point of view but I cant seem to get my head up your ar*e hole aswell! By the way, you havent heard him speak!

Well 1john

MM's crticism may be off course, but EMC does present himself as a hugely opinionated individual at a tender age who writes in a rambling fashion trying to make points here and there crafted to suit his beliefs.

He also seems willing ( on the basis of what exactly ?) to believe what he is told if it bolsters his self-esteem

I was also told that all countries over the world, ten plus years ago, were crying out for uk tradesmen as we were rated the best in the world

In m experience such peoples opinion of their skills/abilities usually far exceeds the reality, plus they **** off everyone they come into contact with.

You say you are 21, and have the experience required? but post so many spelling mistakes? If you can't type, how can you do work?

If people in the industry can't spell, then it spells fear for me in 25 years you say?

Your post makes little or no sense, and is spelt badly. £6.5k for you to drive a van on the roads is too little. Your sensibilities, as is your text are at best 10 year old. I wouldn't entertain someone in my home to repair anything, with your basic lack of education, ie the lack of being unable to speak/spell.

coughs, i am sorry but i didn't think to use the spell check tool that is located at the bottom right of this box ;)

Obviously if you work in the construction industry then you would no 100% what the key factor is in getting a job done and a job done well/on time... I would like to here your answer to this.

'tis has nothing to do with writing letters to your buddy tradesmen...

Dear mr plumber,
I am writing this letter to inform you that in ten minutes time i will be following behind you boxing up all your work, i thought i would write to you to clear this matter up.
If you have any problems then please respond through letter...

I think you get my drift, it really ****ES ME OFF with the attitude your ilk seems to be always trying to push off. ('tis why it is Aus for myself)

I trained to become a carpenter/joiner, i am not a writer and thus i do not expect people to judge me as such, but you already have and say i have the lack of education.

Lack of education in what, spelling?
I am sure a few here have understood to some extent of what i was trying to get across (barring yourself), and if they haven't..

I seriously couldn't give two flying ****s anymore as i have previously said three times, i will soon be in AUS where there is a much better way of life :)

A question to your goodself, How would you rate the CSCS scheme:

SCAM, SCAM,SCAM,SCAM or a viable cause to cut the (i think it was first introduced to cut the number of cowboys trying it on) 'decent working man' some slack.

you pay 30.00 for the test, (where the book costs another 20.00 with the 'answers' in), pay another 40.00 for your very own lovely coloured card and even then when you think you are doing what your told day in day out that is good, you have to upgrade again in a few years time.

What a load of ******!

What is your profession/chosen career?

I am with you wholeheartedly on the general meaning of the above.

All the people who are obsessed with spelling and grammer are missing the whole point, in most areas of life not least this forum.

Sponsored Links
Back