Why Bother.

O

oompah

In the local paper today there were two cases that have been through the courts of not having any car insurance,one driver recieved a fifty pound fine and a 14 day ban the other a fifty pound fine and 6 points on his license.Some deterent this seems to be I know that it will make any premiums dearer if they bother with insurance,I wonder how long they have driven without insurance and what savings they have made.

Sponsored Links
its possible they where caught by the anpr where there vehical would bare impound and return costs on top!!

i had 5 and a half thousand pound in the 80's...29 tickets of no licence, ins, tax mot, went to court, said , come, on cant do that, i have500 quid on me.

Accepted.. savesd over 7000 pound, sad, i know, but thats honest me.

don't like what i say? don't read it

Sponsored Links
Somehow libby, I can't see that we will ever see eye to eye over the issues of law and order. Please keep away from me and my family if that's not too much to ask.

There was no other information given,it was just a round up of the local magistates court.Makes you wonder how many are out there driving without any cover if the penalties aren't that great.

What we need is a change in the law relating to driving without insurance. Car's should automatically be scrapped/destroyed. Minimum fine should be £5000 and 3 months imprisonment.
For a second offence, £7500 fine and a years imprisonment.
Prison sentences should be served complete, with no time off for good behaviour.
Having said that, there's a lot of laws that need reviewing, but that's another thread, another day.
;) ;) ;) ;)

Praise the Lord and pass the ammo, i'm all shook up....

PrenticeBoyofDerry said:
Don't they cube the cars now, if they have no insurance?

The police have the power to impound a car if there is no insured driver available and there were adverts not so long ago which implied that they could crush it. Those ads always made our other half hopping mad:

"Why crush a perfectly good car? They should sell it! :mad: :mad: :mad: "

I had to agree and hoped that they only crushed the worthless ones. Maybe she wasn't the only outraged tax-payer because those ads have dried up.

i had 5 and a half thousand pound in the 80's...29 tickets of no licence, ins, tax mot, went to court, said , come, on cant do that, i have500 quid on me.

You ought to be locked up for life, I wouldn't even wipe my shoes on people like you.

That is really something to be proud of. Well done you.

Hardly the end of the world, don't condone it, but not that bad an offence.

We like it - just don't believe a word of it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back