Why cant people drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is when your on the motorway cars in front insist of tapping their brake lights, i'm at a safe breaking distance and can see there are no cars in front of the one in front of me.

Thats one thing that winds me up. Can people not drive, and they have to rest their feet over the breaks.

also annoying is the people who sit in the middle lane driving at 50mph with no other vehicles in front of them, & people who pull out on you at junctions then hold you up by immediately taking next right turn. :evil:

Sponsored Links
What you might consider a safe breaking distance may not be wht the driver in front considers safe.

As for middle lane hogging - I agree, there's no excuse.

The standard of driving has been going down the ***** for some time now.

The brake hitters will be sooo scared of going over the speed limit they have to break as soon as they hit 70mph. Rather than just taking their foot off the gas & letting the car slow down gently.

Or, they're just cretinous plebs that shouldn't be allowed on the road. Passed a micra yesterday after day out. Less than 50mph on a 70mph road. They were even overtaken by a coach.

Sponsored Links
What is scary, and i've said this before, A young lad can pass his test at 17 in a Micra, driving around a small town. He can they go to his nearest car dealership and buy a high powered sports car, then onto the motorway.

The test should now consist of a small percentage of motorway driving and motorway hazard perception. Even though motorways are safer, to a new and inexperienced driver they can seem very daunting.

The standard of driving has been going down the ****ter for some time now.

The brake hitters will be sooo scared of going over the speed limit they have to break as soon as they hit 70mph. Rather than just taking their foot off the gas & letting the car slow down gently.

Or, they're just cretinous plebs that shouldn't be allowed on the road. Passed a micra yesterday after day out. Less than 50mph on a 70mph road. They were even overtaken by a coach.

I agree, in 40 years driving ive seen the standard drop and drop over the last 15 years. In the last few days, in this quiet little market town ive seen:

1- cretin who missed the filter lane into a shopping mall car park, stops in the outer lane on a dual carriage way and tries to turn right on a major road junction, stopping the entire right hand lane and causing chaos
2- idiot on a mobile phone doing 50+ in a 30, overtaking everything , letting go the wheel to change gear, nearly arse ending someone.
3- silly cow in a small Berlinga van, back doors open, many 14 foot lengths of 6"x2" sticking out the back unsecured, no warning flag on the end.

And then theres the stupid morons who stop 25 feet from the white line at a set of traffic lights, and then are utterly taken by surprise when the lights go green, something they obviously never expected the lights to do. There hanging back and leaving a big gap in front effectively means they are using 3 car lengths of road, which is selfish beyond words. Because they leave a gap, traffic lights at green think the traffic has stopped and turn red, so they drive round not only hogging a large chunk of road, but helping hold up everyone behind them.

What is scary, and i've said this before, A young lad can pass his test at 17 in a Micra, driving around a small town. He can they go to his nearest car dealership and buy a high powered sports car, then onto the motorway.

The test should now consist of a small percentage of motorway driving and motorway hazard perception. Even though motorways are safer, to a new and inexperienced driver they can seem very daunting.

there shouldnt be speed limits on roads, there shoudl be speed limits on people. When you pass your test, you should be limited to 40 MPH, so there woudl be no point in going on a motorway. As you clock up miles and experience and no claims, the maximum speed you can drive at should increase until at 5 years no claims you are entitled to drive at 100 on a motorway

[

there shouldnt be speed limits on roads, there shoudl be speed limits on people. When you pass your test, you should be limited to 40 MPH, so there woudl be no point in going on a motorway. As you clock up miles and experience and no claims, the maximum speed you can drive at should increase until at 5 years no claims you are entitled to drive at 100 on a motorway

With respect, That has to be the worse suggestion I ever read in relation to driving. I think you need to reconsider it ;)

Well that would be a dangerous way of sorting it out, can you imagine the dangers road users would have when they all have different speeds in which they can travel at.

Not a high powered sports car but just as lethal.
19 year old at work passed his test in a 1.2 Punto. First day into work after passsing he reversed into a bay and hit the office wall. Decides to park in opposite bay, pulls forward and smacked into iron railings. Result? 2 dented bumpers.
3 days later given the keys to a 3½ ton wagon and told to go and pick a motor up from a site approximatelt 15-18 miles away. Took over 2 hours!
Its now just over 3 months since he passed and has only driven a wagon sporadically in that time.
2 weeks ago was told to go to the first site he went to, 15-18 miles away.
Was driving a 2010 reg 3½ ton tipper wagon on hire as one of ours was in for major repairs. Took 3 hours, as he was coming in through the gates, (wide enough to get 2 cars side by side through), he crashed into the support stanchion! Reversed back a bit and caused a passing car to swerve out of the way. Pulled into the car park and thats when we noticed.
From the back edge of the off-side headlight, along the entire length of the vehicle a deep crease, not enough to split the metal but certainly to go down to bare metal. The side lights on the rear decking were dangling by a wire each and the front wheel had 3 of the 6 wheel nuts sheared off flush, (obviously the wheel hub dish was missing as well).
He claimed a big artic came too close on his left side when he was doing 70mph in the outside lane and he hit the central barrier.
We think he was twiddling with the radio. After all, whats an artic with trailer doing driving at 70mph when they are limited to 60?
I also asked him how he hit the barrier when there is a 3' grass verge between the outside lane 'rumble' strip and the central barrier.
His answer? It just happened.

Sponsored Links
Back