Why do Dyson hoovers cost so much?

Sponsored Links
but have you tried a henry

It was a replacement for a Henry.

I always used a Henry at work and thought they were great so bought one for home and told the missus how good it was.

I was wrong.

Honestly, if you are using a Henry to vac your carpets you are walking on a carpet of dirt.

Have you tried a Dyson Animal?

£369.00 YOU ARE HAVING A LAUGH

Forgot to say we got it given (previous owner deceased) :p

Sponsored Links
I've used the same Henry for 25 years and it was second hand when I got it. Never used a bag and it's still going strong. It;s picked up all sorts of rubbish, dust, sawdust, concrete, tiles, and glass. It's indestructable- should have been called Captain Scarlet instead of Henry.

I find the likes of Henry work a lot better with a turbo brush on them, oh and I've used Dyson, Miele and Numatic and prefer the last two! Never had a problem with them loosing suction, the bag design has changed now on the Henry, the Henry used to have a paper bag which used to clog I found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeXj1i4ur5Q

:rolleyes: jeeeeeeez have you heard yourselves.....shouldnt men be talking bout power tools and beer and other such man stuff.....?

A hoover IS a power tool.
Once its in the workshop that is. :mrgreen:

I bought a Dyson, not because of the price but because of the reviews etc.

I have never used it but the cleaner said they are the biz.

We only have carpets on the stairs and on the first floor, but we do have outdoorsy kids and i do not condone telling people to remove shoes when in my house.

Floors are for walking on. If you don't like your carpets getting dirt on them, get a doormat or choose another floor covering. :rolleyes:

I appreciate these type of threads would attract some anti-Dyson comments, just like non-Apple fans give the iPad and other Apple products a lot of stick. If a company attracts a lot of anti comments by people who haven't used their products, often its because they produce quality products.

I use to be the same with Apple until I realise how much better my friend's iPad is compared to my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet. Honestly, the iPad gets a 9/10 while I've lowered my Samsung's rating after using the iPad to a 6.5 (max 7). Not in the same league.

I suspect Dyson is a notch above competitiprs as well. Both Apple and Dyson have great reputation in their respective areas.

Apple and Dyson are frightfully fashionable, which is why people buy them.

Skilful marketing will convince the punters they are magically good.

I've had 2 Dysons, I have to say I wasn't very impressed with either. No loss of suction, pleeeease. Overrated IMHO.

Sponsored Links
Back