Why do you accept cheap boilers?

Gas112 you are not suggesting either boiler shouln't be serviced are you ?

As they both should be serviced it doesn't need comparison.

Sponsored Links
Beerlover.

Are you one of them manufacturers that are trying hard to pinch the servicing trade of our custards.

:rolleyes:

No my friend look back a couple of posts and you willl see me telling everybody that the servicing doesn't need to be by the manu for the warranty to apply. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: [/quote]

Lost me doitall?
Beerlover gave a 5 year cost of a cheap boiler and a 5 year warranty boiler

Cheap price included a insurance plan which at 200 would include a service and it made it look more expensive than the 5 year warranty boiler

But left the price of the annual service off his total price for the more expensive 5 year warranty boiler which could quite easily be an extra 400 thus making it more expensive again than the cheap boiler.

Dont think i said not to service either boiler

Sponsored Links
No, once again £200 insurance cover is only basic boiler breakdown cover.
Homeserve call this 1 star, you need to upgrade to 3 star to include a service.

So you dont think that someone who buys a cheap boiler would shop around for insurance or even bother with it BG is 200 and includes a service ideal is also less than 200 and so is baxi.

Just checked homeserve is actually £180 a year including service with a 50 quid excess or 224 without

I apologise, but the bigger point was that the boiler will be dispaired of and hopefully disposed of after about 5 years. More labour costs, boiler will have increased in price and there will be a very unhappy customer. After all their friends boiler is 20 years old and still working!

All I'm trying to tell the end user is buy cheap buy twice. You as the installer will stop taking their calls, if they still call :rolleyes: The manu will try and blame you for them not being able to keep their piece of carp running.

How many powerflushes are used as a cop out for leaking seals?

Find a good boiler, educate your customers as to why this is the one for them. And above all stop the 'dealers' pedalling this sh*t to our kids or grandparents.

If you don't buy or fit it, they will stop making it

If you don't buy or fit it, they will stop making it

Well thats.

Vaillant, Vokera, Worcester Bosch, and Ravenheap out the window then.

It looks like we should be adding Avanta to the list as well going on some of the posts.

My advice is stick with Intergas or Atmos and Atag and to hell with the rest of the cans.

If these boilers work for you fantastic. Sell and fit these exclusively, it is your recommendation and reputation. Don't let the manufacturers tell you what to fit.

If your chip shop sold old fish you'd dump it.

DON'T FIT CARP! DON'T FIT CARP! I'll get my placards :LOL:

I installed an Alpha for myself 4 winter ago and it's not missed a beat.

Noisy in operation compared to some, so when I wanted a boiler in another property I went for the Intergas on my mates advice and very please with the performance so far.

Must admit the argument (?) for Atmos or Intergas is quite compelling / persuasive !!

As for reliability on boilers IMHO it is down the collective toilet !

we have installed 54 boilers not budget cheap boilers £600 t0 £750 + vat price tag , 22 ( to date) boilers have suffered a fault !! when I say a fault this does not include multiple faults on a boiler eg the ign board failed 7 days later the fan failed , that is counted as 1 fault

Shocking reliability , the worst I have ever come across & we have fitted Ravenheaps in the past !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back