Why has .. been removed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was just curious, that's all - it can hardly have been seen as a witch-hunt...

:confused:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Eric: was I wrong in thinking you had an A license?
I've lost track of licensing requirements these days, but I thought that the Morse requirement had now gone completely, for any type of licence. Of course, 'in my day' (licensed in 1963, the day after my 14th birthday), there was only one type of licence, and an unavoidable 12 wpm Morse requirement. There was a day when I could happily do around 35 wpm, but a few decades on, I'd probably now struggle at any speed. However, I suspect that it's a bit like 'riding a bicycle' - such that it would probably pretty quickly come back if it had to!

Kind Regards, John.

Yep all my licences did not require Morse. In order of getting VP8XBHZ, VP8BKM, GW7MGW, VR2ZEP and only 2 required a RAE.

So I will try to remember it's I and will try and not get it mixed up. I keep on getting told off for using J instead of I but my excuse is I am an engineer?

Yep all my licences did not require Morse. In order of getting VP8XBHZ, VP8BKM, GW7MGW, VR2ZEP and only 2 required a RAE.
Fair enough! As I said, my one and only licence (G3S**) was a UK one obtained at a time when there was only one type, which required both RAE and morse.

So I will try to remember it's I and will try and not get it mixed up. I keep on getting told off for using J instead of I but my excuse is I am an engineer?
I doubt you'll ever need it! However, you said you can remember 'SMS', so that should help ( ... - - ...), and a lot of people can remember what 'SOS' is in morse. If you want a couple more letters (R and E), try to remember the theme tune of the "Inspector Morrse" programmes, which has 'MORSE' in morse code embedded in it at the start! ... and, of course, if you've ever used morse (which I guess you probably haven't), you'd also know C and Q!

Kind Regards, John.

Because it had no purpose?
It would be a noticeably smaller forum if all topics with no purpose were removed...

But it did have a purpose, albeit not one of core importance - I was just curious about the way holmslaw is going back to posts he made years ago and editing them out of existence - so far he's done it to hundreds, if not thousands, of them.

I can see the point. We have all seen posts over a year old suddenly re-appear on current listing where some one has googled for an answer to a problem and has ended up reading an old post.

There was a major change in 2001 and 2008 and really all posts before 2008 now need deleting so they don't give wrong information.

So you think that we should all be going back and removing our old posts?

And, more staggeringly, you think that holmslaw cares so much for the integrity of this forum that that's why he's spending time doing that?

Ban you are being too hard on him.
You know that you love him really :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back