Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Hi everyone, new to the group so hoping you can help!

I am looking to build up over our living room to extend an upstairs bedroom. We plan NOT to go all the way over to neighbours wall as that would cover our bathroom window so there would be an alcove.

We shouldn't have a problem apart from our rear boundary is within 7 meters... Our neighbours however have stuck 2 huge mansheds within inches of the boundarys, I don't mind as I actually like them but will planning say our new part wil be too close?

The marker on the drawing shows the proposed idea.

What restrictions / conditions do you think may be put in place. I.e can we have a flat roof, would we have to have sky lights rather than Windows so not to overlook?

What advise can you give?

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
The only way you'll find out is to submit a planning application; any comments here will only be guesswork.

Thank you, just trying to get people's opinions based on experience or professional knowledge I guess

Sponsored Links
I'll have a guess then. :rolleyes:

You should be OK with an extension there. Councils tend not to allow flat roofs at first floor level. Windows facing over neighbour's property tend to need to be obscure glass or just be top opening, but it depends what they may be looking out over.

You will probably just need to tweak the design to meet the council's local policy, but in principle there should be no issues with a normal extension there

My extensive knowledge and experience has taught me never to second guess a local authority.

It's an interesting build in regards to what's surroundings us and how planning will view our idea..

No, the plans are slightly different. The bathroom is actually bed 2 and the bathroom is a small box room (just big enough for a cot and small cupboard) the boxing shown on the drawing is built in cupboard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back