Will Rusia invade?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are we on the brink of a confrontation with Russia? There seems to be a lot going on, on the border with Ukraine. Putin seems to see the US as weaker under Biden from an international defence point of view.

Opinions?

Sponsored Links
We let them roll into The Crimea so Putin is testing us over the Ukraine.
It only takes a poorly trained conscript with a nervous trigger finger to kick it off :(

It only takes a poorly trained conscript with a nervous trigger finger to kick it off :(
I think the checking protocols are a bit more sophisticated than that.

Opinions?

There are none really. All we can do is tut and make it clear we disagree. Beyond that, nothing. There military vastly exceeds ours, and they enough nuclear bombs to wipe the UK off the map. So best treat them as you would the school bully - avoid them, keep your head down and hope they lose interest.

Sponsored Links
Germany has suspended approval for Nord Stream 2

Putin he won’t invade Ukraine, losses would be heavy for little gain, it won’t go beyond sabre rattling

Are we on the brink of a confrontation with Russia?

No. Nobody has the appetite for a showdown with Russia, least of all the EU who have been playing tug of war over Ukraine for years, and not by a weakened Nato.
Taking Ukraine gives Putin more control over gas and secures his access to the Black Sea.

I'm not saying 'The West' couldn't take on Russia and win, but I think it's more than a coincidence that this is popping up at the same time China is making moves on Taiwan.
Too much going on.

No. Nobody has the appetite for a showdown with Russia, least of all the EU who have been playing tug of war over Ukraine for years, and not by a weakened Nato.
Taking Ukraine gives Putin more control over gas and secures his access to the Black Sea.

I'm not saying 'The West' couldn't take on Russia and win, but I think it's more than a coincidence that this is popping up at the same time China is making moves on Taiwan.
Too much going on.
It wasn't backed up with any stats, however on a tv prog a few days back some 'expert' was saying the west, in a combined sense, still greatly outweighs the rest in terms of military strength.

Does anyone on here with more of an interest in these things know if this is true? I suspect the gap is narrowing.

The return of the Soviet union...

The modern world has been a bit to peaceful of late it's about time we had a good old war :rolleyes:

I don't really see the point in it all, other than Russia showing military might, what have they got to gain, ah yes highly rich natural resources ....

I don't think Russia will do anything, they'll have the might of the world against them, maybe not Turkey (urdegan is a bit of a nut job) and some others though.

Last edited:
Fast track the Ukraine into NATO

station missiles in the Ukraine

only country that has stood up to the Russians recently is the Turks

Europe need to man up and act like they have got a pair

It wasn't backed up with any stats, however on a tv prog a few days back some 'expert' was saying the west, in a combined sense, still greatly outweighs the rest in terms of military strength.

Does anyone on here with more of an interest in these things know if this is true? I suspect the gap is narrowing.

If there is the political will, a united stance by western nations will be more than enough to face up to any Russian move on the Ukranian border. Its all down to how many casualties we are willing to sustain. Table top tactics will have already been played by western military hierarchy. The head of the armed forces will inform the politicians that they can win the war........but sustain **% casualties in the process.

There are none really. All we can do is tut and make it clear we disagree. Beyond that, nothing. There military vastly exceeds ours, and they enough nuclear bombs to wipe the UK off the map. So best treat them as you would the school bully - avoid them, keep your head down and hope they lose interest.

Not really a good strategy, eventually the unchallenged bully, will come for you. Once he's done his work on everyone else.

If there is the political will, a united stance by western nations will be more than enough to face up to any Russian move on the Ukranian border. Its all down to how many casualties we are willing to sustain. Table top tactics will have already been played by western military hierarchy. The head of the armed forces will inform the politicians that they can win the war........but sustain **% casualties in the process.

And then what? What happens after the war.

It's easy to get into a War, far harder to get out of one.

All this sabre rattling is good for is energy producers and defence companies.

The population of Crimea are majority ethnic Russian.

Sponsored Links
Back