Wire three way switch from existing circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a light connected directly to a switch, with the power going into the light and running of to the switch. What I want to do is run a second switch from the existing circuit, and have it work as a three way. I have access to the light cabling itself, but the wiring on the existing switch is very inaccessible and I would greatly prefer to leave that switch intact, or just run an extra cable from it(I am equally happy to just run cable from the light).

How would I go about doing this?

Sponsored Links
How many switches are you hoping to end up with? 2 or 3?
I can't quite work it out from your post.

Either way have a look at the last post by Spark123 on the last page of the FAQ, for full colour diagrams of both setups.

Ahh, sorry, I should have looked there first. Hopefully that will do for what I want, as I seem to remember the light in the kitchen having one of those blocks on it. Fingers crossed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back