Wireless Alarm - Texecom or Scantronic, or Other?

id say quite afew, especialy in high end retail shops, maybe mobile phone, electrial outlets?

dont think they would produce enough smoke for a big factory, but then again 5 smoke cloaks could probably do a factory.

i know car phone warehouse used to use smoak cloaks years ago, dunno if they still do.

Sponsored Links
We've fitted quite a few now, mainly in high risk sites but also a few domestic premises (mainly larger houses), usually at the bottom of the staircases. Be aware that they use a fair bit of electricity all the time to keep them at temperature!

Larger installs tend to use the bigger units combined with ducts and vents to distribute the smoke evenly. Works pretty well but costs a fortune to install.

You not seen the Smokecloak demonstration?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2DmbjQifMA

Not the one I had in mind, there us a better one they used as a special project. A very large distribution unit, using the units at 40 ft in the air, strobes and Master Blasters.
It was filled in less than 18 seconds. I`ll try to dig it out.

My largest installation has 12 units 10 master blasters and strobes everywhere. Connected to a Dimension 520 with 4 external sounders. Various cameras and a high end DVR.
Running IP connectivity and a few other tricks.
One "secure " area will lock down, and whoever is there will be there when the Police arrive.
A bit of overkill, but the client specified a lot of it and was paying the bills :D

As you have now guessed I have fitted many, high end clothes shops and jewellery retailers.

Carphone certainly did have a few purchased, but I am not at liberty to say what they use ATM. Suffice to say their risk assessments are continuously re-evaluated.

We've fitted quite a few now, mainly in high risk sites but also a few domestic premises (mainly larger houses), usually at the bottom of the staircases. Be aware that they use a fair bit of electricity all the time to keep them at temperature!

Roughly 100watts in standby.
They do draw a lot when in operation, so allow a 10 amp supply minimum.

Sponsored Links
only no about car phone warehouse, because when i worked next door we thought the place was on fire, smoke flooding into our building somehow.

thought it was a bit starnge that it did smell of fire etc, until the manager (keyholder) arrived on site to deacivate it, and told us it was part of the security system.

my god, i love that you tube video.

been thinking of adding a master blaster to my system, as well as strobes, certainly will deteriorate a intruder.

my god, i love that you tube video.

been thinking of adding a master blaster to my system, as well as strobes, certainly will deteriorate a intruder.

Not really for domestic use, especially if a child causes a false alarm. It can and will damage young ear drums.

Ok will do without the remote setting for the Texecom.
Not sure what Wintex software does then?

Furniture is not in the way.
Control panel location has working electrics already in the vicinity, and there is a spur.
Same for the bell box sounders, as the loft is converted.

Insurance wise, I found in my last house that insurance approved alarm ade no difference to the house insurance premium. So not bothered about a certificate, just want the peace of mind of security.

I questioned the installer of the Tex, and he said he could knock off £100 max from his quote overall.

Not sure what speech dialler he has in with the Texe 24 control panel for £85 inclusive?

Sorry chaps, back on topic ;)

I have worked out from my buying online comparison via CTS direct and the quote from the Texecom installer, that I could save £119.96 by buying direct.
That only includes the things he has specced.
So doesn't include the door contacts, and I don't know what speech dialler he has added, which is £28.06 difference from what he says so far on the cost of the Panel. I am sure the cost of one is more than that...
I could save further pennies on the smoke alarms... Any suggestions that work with Texecom?

He was only cheaper on the Expander (£11.92) and the key fobs (£10.47).

On the PIR's alone I would save £92.65!
On these, what is better XT-W or the Quad PIR's QD-W? Only a few pounds difference.

Also, what is a reasonable cost for installation and set-up?
Thanks.

Thanks.
How long is a piece of string?

You now seem to be more interested in saving a few quid rather than the overall quality of the system and install.

Only by looking at the job can anyone give you a fair (to both parties) price to do the job.

Thanks.
How long is a piece of string?

You now seem to be more interested in saving a few quid rather than the overall quality of the system and install.

Only by looking at the job can anyone give you a fair (to both parties) price to do the job.

Understood. Always look at costs!
I do want a quality system, hence why I am looking further into all the components specced.

lol i can beat the price of that system in seconds, i found the ricochet xtw mest pirs for £254.15 inc vat and delivery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back