Wireless Alarm - Texecom or Scantronic, or Other?

The OP is enquiring about how much to install. I doubt any self respecting installer would offer their services the way the questioning is going. Nailing the price of the kit right down, wanting someone to install etc etc.
Question for you. Who is responsible if the system misbehaves/fails say, 4 weeks after install?
Totally agree.
To get the supply from the installer is always the best practice.
Common sense. I am just ensuring I am paying a fair and reasonable price for it. :)
I understand that, but don't forget, quality does not come at bargain bucket prices. Little things like warranties, good service etc do have to be paid for somewhere.

Some argue that ALL visits are chargeable. Maybe so if the install was done at bargain prices, but what about the quick visit the installer makes at customer request (tweaks to settings, training etc)??
Another classic is the warranty. 12 months you may well argue. But that won't cover labour if done at bargain price will it.
So, a £15 item fails, it happens. £75 labour charge all because a few quid was saved on install.

Sponsored Links
best get smoke cloak to change it on there info sheet then...lol www.smokecloak.com/files/.../35010504_F_-_VALI_manual.pdf

page 11

They are covering all bases.
Have you not heard about lawsuits?
The American woman who killed her dog in a microwave as it never stated in the instructions that you should not "dry" a dog and won her case?

Try living on the real world when you have stock and or persons to protect.
A defensive measure is always better than attack in retail. Hence the use of strobes, large sounders and smoke.
Drop and even "Up" shields. Which could kill or maim (Actually they have). And saved the employees lives concerned.

I agree your quote is correct, however if you were to be experienced in people being attacked and the prevention of such you would realise the usage of such items in the real world.

and you also fail to notice im on about if i was fitting it. he cant fit it by looks of things so needs it installed.

I have placed my order with the installer, just sent the email confirming.

I would like to thank you ALL for your input today.
This is certainly a lively (and entertaining) forum!!!!

Good night :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I have placed my order with the installer, just sent the email confirming.

I would like to thank you ALL for your input today.
This is certainly a lively (and entertaining) forum!!!!

Good night :LOL:

stick around, you aint seen nothing yet, good night.

If you are installing a safety critical system that is dependent on wireless for its operation then the first thing to do is to perform a survey of the existing use of wireless in the area BEFORE commiting to the purchase of equipment. No point in installing equipment that uses a radio frequency already heavily used in the area.

you simply do not undersatnd buissness if thats your way of thinking, price on the exact same item is everything, his items are covered for a year at least if he buys them him self, if he supplys the equipment to you and you install it, then only your wiring could possibly be at fault should the system go down, which you would be responsible for.

if on the other hand the equipment had failed then that is his responibily to replace using the gurantee of the product.

so you source your kit from a supplyer and your happy to pay higher prices just because you have a coffee or are firsnt name terms with your supplyer?

you then mark those items up yourself to a even higher amount when you sell them to a client and fit a system? no wonder the cost of pro installs are so high if thats your way of thinking.

ROFL

Oh what a simplistic world you live in.

that wouldnt stop me to be honest, paying by credit card and my statuary consumer rights would have me a refund in days if they messed about, plus the vast majority of there orders will go through without a hitch.

Best you follow Xstyle's advice.

A Security One Stop Shop.Com Ltd
Company Status - Dissolved

Yep, this buy cheap policy you have is the real deal ain't it.

If you are installing a safety critical system that is dependent on wireless for its operation then the first thing to do is to perform a survey of the existing use of wireless in the area BEFORE commiting to the purchase of equipment. No point in installing equipment that uses a radio frequency already heavily used in the area.
Hiya,
How and who does that please?

Hiya,
The installer will do that. (something else our buy cheap afficionado fails to consider).
With the Texecom Ricochet the chances of a problem are minimal though.
Bernard has good expertise in the Radio field, and quite rightly, advices caution.

In basic terms, each device in a Ricochet system can communicate with each other so the best signal path can be tuned accordingly.

For others out there that want some spiel on the Texecom...

http://www.fmonline.co.uk/press-rel...uperior-Wireless-Security-to-Smaller-Premises

Hiya,
The installer will do that. (something else our buy cheap afficionado fails to consider).
With the Texecom Ricochet the chances of a problem are minimal though.
Bernard has good expertise in the Radio field, and quite rightly, advices caution.

In basic terms, each device in a Ricochet system can communicate with each other so the best signal path can be tuned accordingly.

Great, my installer also put a motorised dish up for me last year, so is au fait with angles, signals, and other measurement exercises.

Just make sure that a single peripheral is not acting as a main conduit, so to speak. Otherwise it will be working harder than normal thus draining the battery quicker than the other devices - this could catch you out.
That said, not likely to happen in the standard, average house.

Just make sure that a single peripheral is not acting as a main conduit, ...
What do you mean please?
Think of a mesh system with a controller in the middle - a very basic overview. In this scenario the controller would communicate direct to each peripheral device. These devices would then only be 'awake' as required.

However, you may have an area with devices that is some way away from the controller, thereby giving a weakened signal path if each device were to communicate direct to the controller.
With Ricochet a device nearer to the remote area but with good comms to the controller can/will act as the comms path between remote area and controller. Because of this it will be working much harder than if it was just doing it's 'own thing'.

Great, my installer also put a motorised dish up for me last year, so is au fait with angles, signals, and other measurement exercises.
That sounds like a satellite dish installation which is totally different from selecting the best channel for a wireless security system to use.

The survey would need to use an off air recording spectrum analsyser or similar equipment to log how often there are transmissions on the channels available for the type of equipment being installed. This would be for at least a week and preferably longer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back