Wireless or Hardwired room stats ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to make a choiice for the sparks to install on Friday ,

Obviously he is leaning to wireless due the reduction of install and effort.

Any pros and cons would be appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Always go for wired when you have the choice.
Sometimes when using wireless there can be a delay between the transmitter sending the signal and receiver receiving it. I fitted one a while ago, can't remember the make but I think the controller only transmitted once every two minutes to maximise battery life.
I know that's no real problem but it put me off using a similar system in my house. Granted, I had to install an extra cable but once it's there you're sorted.

Cabling is always prefered, but I have fitted some remote ones when running a cable is not a viable option.

There ones I have used operate the relay immediately on temperature change - Danfass and Honeywell. They transmit as soon as a temp change is noticed.

I have a wireless Worcester Digistat and if i have the option again i will definately go for a wired alternitive. The Digistat plays havoc with my WiFi Access Point and my Baby Monitor.

Jambo

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back