Wiring for a 2 gang light switch

C2 would have been more appropriate.

Switching in the neutral hasn't been permitted since at least 1939.
I'll have to throw a spanner in the works on that one and mention double pole switching.
During which there is no possible way of knowing which pole will operate or break first.

Sponsored Links
Doesn't comply with identification of conductors either, as what is line / neutral changes depending on the position of the switches.
So what wire identification would be used for a reversing motor.

no possible way of knowing which pole will operate or break first.
Doesn't matter in most situations as the interval between the two sets of contacts operating will be tiny, no equipment will be left live when off.
For those where it does matter (such as a 4 pole isolator for a 3 phase board), the switch is designed so that the neutral always makes first and breaks last.

So what wire identification would be used for a reversing motor.
Wiring for equipment and associated controls is not covered by BS7671.

Doesn't matter in most situations as the interval between the two sets of contacts operating will be tiny, no equipment will be left live when off.
For those where it does matter (such as a 4 pole isolator for a 3 phase board), the switch is designed so that the neutral always makes first and breaks last.

Wiring for equipment and associated controls is not covered by BS7671.
Most of the 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 pole isolators I've had the privilege to work on do not have designated contacts and in many instances are simply created by adding additional contacts to a smaller isolator, including 3 phase boards.

I'll duck out of this thread, Now much too far OT.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back