Wiring Hive Smart Thermostat to Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm after a few pointers wiring up a Nest Thermostat receiver to my old Worcester 24i combi boiler, please can somebody advise if my dodgy diagram looks correct, thanks.

upload_2017-1-6_21-9-19.png

Sponsored Links
Not correct
RL goes to Common (1) on the Hive
RI goes to Heating On (3)

EDIT Strictly speaking, the Nest should be powered from the same isolator that switches off the power to the boiler, and not from a separate power source.

All switches, stats, pumps, valves, etc on a heating system should be isolated from a central DP switch.

Thanks TaylorTwoCities

Hopefully this diagram is now correct... although not sure wot the correct wire colours should be that go to the receiver.

upload_2017-1-6_22-15-59.png

Yes. Brown for the live. The blue (switched live) should have a brown sleeve or marker on it to show that it is a switched live.

Sponsored Links
Thanks flameport

To confirm on the receiver is both permanent live and common connected from RL on the boiler.

OK finally got round to installing the Hive and wired up as in post 6 but the boiler doesn't fire up the heating when requested by the hive, I can see the hive looks ok as I can the boiler light coming on the hive device connected to the boiler, any ideas anyone.

Yes I did link the permanent line to common and do have a multimeter.

I'll get some better pictures later, one thing I was thinking is about the old rotary timer, should you disconnect it or just leave it switched to on.

Thanks, Rhys

There's no reason to have another timer. The Hive does that for you.
You need to remove it eventually, making sure the wiring is always powering to the Hive.
For now, set the old timer to be always on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back