Wiring new light pendant has me stumped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve checked wiring diagrams and other forum posts and I’m still stumped. I’m likely being an absolute fool here. I’ve wired plenty of lights before, this room has two lights off a single switch.
Essentially there’s three lives that I can’t quite figure out where they’re supposed to go

Pic below is the old fixture. I understand there’s live/line, neutral and then loop in the middle.
IMG_5233.jpeg

And the one of the new pendants below:
IMG_5242.jpeg

Do I simply use a terminator for the three reds and leave them connected to nothing? Can I simply use electrical tape?

Sponsored Links
Do I simply use a terminator for the three reds and leave them connected to nothing? Can I simply use electrical tape?
I wouldn’t just use insulation tape, a connector block with them all in would be better, but I’m confused, if they’re connected at 1 end, why would you not connect them the other?

I wouldn’t just use insulation tape, a connector block with them all in would be better, but I’m confused, if they’re connected at 1 end, why would you not connect them the other?
They are (or were) connected to each other.
Understood thanks. Are they the permanent live going to the switch? I’ll try to source a connector.

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back